LTD EC-1000 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-1000

Purchased from: sam ash

This guitar was made for distortion. I use a Marshall 100w amp nd it sounds great. The distortion isnt to heavy or to light. But really I think that the distortion is the only benefit from the sound. I have tryed putting effects into it but it never truly sounded right.

Personally I play metal, punk, grunge, nd rock. I tryed out this guitar for playing this one from first to last song nd it sounded like I was listening to it. I have been playing for 2 years nd I own a Marshall 100w amp, Fender 10w amp, Crybaby classic wah-wah peddle, a Marshall effects pedal, nd a marshal jazz bass amp. When I was looking for a new guitar to play I asked for somethin different, something that someone can headbang to. Immediately the guy at sa gave me the EC-1000 and I knew it was the one. my favorite feature are the EMG 81 pickups. I actually wished it had a wah wah bar but I think it would look horrible on stage.

The hardware would definetly last. It can withstand live playing, guitar spins, nd everything u can think of. I accidently hit it on hard ground nd it just got alittle dent, no smashing or breaking. Well I didn't think that the strap buttons were great, but I got used to them. Its really dependable. You don't need an extra guitar for this. The finish can last for a while but soon its gonna wear away a bit.

The guitar was setup fine. I played with it and it has never fallen apart. The pickups were alittle loose though, when I got them. The bridge and top are fine.

This guitar has some great features on it that wasn't on the EC-400. First it has 2 EMG 81 pickups or it has 2 Seymour Duncan JB/59 pickups. it has a 24-3/4' scale topped with a rosewood fretboard. Another feature I really enjoy about this guitar is that on the 12th fret it has EC-1000. It also has a classic 1 volume and 2 tone knobs like the older EC-400. The tonepros locking bridge and tailpiece keep tuning rock solid. Although it had some good qualitys, I thought it was a bit of a rip-off of the les paul, well at least the body. But through some consideration I noticed it had qualitys of many guitars so I got a better feeling about it than thinking it's a cheap ripoff of a Strat or lp.