LTD EC-1000 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-1000

Purchased from: Bananas At Large

I play metal, mostly Metallica, Slayer and Black Sabbath and this guitar is more than perfect. I have an LTD EX-400 which uses the same pickups and these guitars are amazing. When I was at the store I ran it through some kind of Vox amp, I didn't ask what model it was and it sounded pretty cool. At home I pull it through a Marshall MG100HDFX w/MG412 cab or a Peavy Envoy 110 with Metal Muff dist. pedal. The guitar sounds amazing. the 60 is nice and warm and the 81 is so much brighter on this guitar than the Explorer. When playing really fast sometimes on the Explorer it gets a little muddy but on the eclipse every single note is as clear as it would be if I played slowly. it's incredible how clear and distinct each note is. I've played some blues and jazz on it (my guitar teacher is a jazz player) and it sounds pretty good. this guitar is very versatile. This guitar does very well when played on a clean channel, it's never overdriven itself like my Explorer has. it's unbelievable how different the guitars are even though they use the same pickups and woods.

When I saw it in the store I just thought it was cool to see an LTD Eclipse and had no intention of buying it. After I played it my dad asked me if I wanted to buy it and I said sure. I only expected it to be another guitar and didn't expect greatness from it. When I came home and started playing it I instantly fell in love. It felt like I'd owned it all my life and had played it since the day I was born. It feels great. I think it's perfect and I can't say that enough. Before I bought this I used the LTD EX-400 all the time and this guitar trumps it any day. I wish I bought an ESP case to properly secure the guitar but I can always get one here. If this guitar was stolen (because I would certainly never lose it) I would be completely devistated. I wouldn't buy any other guitar and I wouldn't get another copy of it. I feel this guitar is the perfect match for me and nothing else compares. I love every single thing about this and I can't find a single thing to hate. This guitar new costs $900 so it's supposed to have high quality but it makes every other guitar (including my friends 90's Gibson LP) feel and look like trash. I can't stress enough about how amazing and perfect this guitar is. I recoment it for every single guitarist on the planet. I'm a very hard grader and I hate giving 9s and 10s on everything but I really feel like I should on this. it's jost so amazing.

This guitar can certainly withstand anything. I'm trying to think of a saying to go with this but I'm drawing a blank. The hardware looks brand new and is very sturdy. the strap buttons are well placed and look very solid. Sturdy as an ox. The finish is very nice. No doubt it will last. I havn't had the chance to use this Live but practicing at home this works fine. I play at home as I would live and it's holding it own.

I doubt the guitar had any work done to it by the time I bought it. It looked Brand New except for a few belt scratches I found on the back when I got home. the action, just as is on my other LTD is perfect. ESP/LTD do a great job with factory settings. This is my first 24 fret guitar and it's a 24.75" scale so the pickups are closer together than on my other guitars which took me a little getting used to, not long though maybe half an hour at most. The only thing that I've seen that's not great on this guitar is the G string buzzes every once in awhile but I found if you grab it and jiggle it a little it stops buzzing. That's the only flaw I've seen. This guitar is what I expect an ESP custom shop to feel like. It's perfect.

I bought this used at a guitar shop in California about a month ago and it's amazing. Eclipse shape, ESP's Les paul type, mahog, body, Vintage black with gold hardware and aged triple white binding on headstock/body + white binding on neeck, 24XJ frets, set-neck, 24.75in scale, 3pc mahog. neck w/ ebony fingerboard, earvanna compensated nut and sperzel locking tuners. The 2006 model (first year in VB) is the only that usese sperzel locking (2007 uses schaller, 2008 uses ESP). It has a tonepros bridge with stoptailpiece and EMG 81/60 pickups. 2 vol, 1 tone, 3-way pup select. I don't Live in california and had to get on a plane 2 hours after I went to the store and the guy that helped me was nice enough to give me a discount on a case (I think it's an aligator, not sure) to safely transport my guitar.