LTD EC-1000 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-1000

Price paid: £ 749.99

Purchased from: Live Music, Edinburgh

The guitar siuits my style of music (which is punk/rock/Indie) excellently. It has wide range of music styles to heavy distotion of metal to clean pieces such as wonderwall and handles chords well also but with a slight twang. I'm using the guitar with a Fender Pro Junior 15 watts without effects. It can't make the real overdrive/distortion sound with this amp so you have to buy a effect pedal if you have a valve amp without distort/overdrive settings. The guitar makes a full rich sound and is really good to experiment with.

It is a real good instrument for my style of music and also has a wide range of sounds. I do need to say that if I broke or lost this instrument I woulsd buy it again because it is so playable and looks great. I even compared it to a Gibson LP and this guitar is the one I chose. Though, I wish it had a distortion knob.

As I mentioned earlier, I have not had this guitar for long, I am not in a position to rate this, but the shopassistant told me it was a really sturdy and reliable guitar which would last me 40 or 50 years. As long as I have had it, it seems real sturdy the only thing I am worried about is the finish which seems as if it might come of with the years.

The guitar is as far as I can see put together really good, its pickups are well adjusted and the wiring is good. I have not had the guitar for long but for now I have not noticed any flaws with this instrument. The only thing I find slightly annoying is how it is slightly hard to tune being very excact.

My LTD EC-1000 Deluxe was made in 2007-2008 in Korea. It has 24 frets on a med-thick fretboard. The fretboard is mad of Rosewood and is very comfortable and is one of the most "slidable" and playable fretboards I've played. The Top of the Guitar is laminated and gives a nice Shine to its blue wooden finish. The guitar body is made of Mahogny except for the top which is made of maple for all finishes except black and vinatge finishes. The Body style is a cutaway with a slightly sharper "cut" than on the Gibson LP, this is so the player can reach the frets on the body easier. The bridge is a basic Neck-thru style. The pickups are active EMG "61 and a EMG "83. There are controls for treble, distortion and "cleaness" of vibe and a three way selector Switch. The tuners are locking which mean musicwise, that they keep the guitar tuned for a longer time.