LTD EC-1000 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-1000

Purchased from: Sam's Discount Music

My model is the MGO with Alnico II Pro pickups, perfect for rock/hard rock. I use the guitar with a Fender Mustang III amp, but it'd deserve a valve amp I guess. It's never noisy, the sound is full and warm. I'm going to make a modification so I can split the humbuckers and put them out of phase... To increase versatility. Overall, I think it's an incredibly good guitar for its price.

I play rock/classic rock/hard rock/alternative rock. Combined with a Stratocaster, this guitar gives me every single sound I want. It's very good for Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and so on. I had a Les Paul Studio which I sold, and even if I loved it there's no comparison with this LTD... The built and overall quality, and the quality control are just a world ahead. I will definitely buy again this guitar. The only thing I wish this guitar had is more accessories, but that's a really small flaw if we look at the big picture.

I think this guitar is extremely well built and durable. Furthermore, it's thin an light compared to any Les Paul. It's solid and I think I can depend on it on every circumstance.

For the first time in my life I've seen a guitar almost perfectly set-up out of the box. I couldn't believe it. The action was perfect, the strings quite good. I checked very deeply every inch of the guitar and I haven't found a single flaw. Months ago I bought a Les Paul Studio and I was shocked about the incredibly poor setup and quality control (even a uneven fret). This LTD is another world.

It's a 2011 guitar, made in Korea. The included accessories are... None! Only the guitar in its box... Not a gigbag, not a strap, not a pick... Nothing! A bit disappointing for a guitar that usually retails at 800$, but the guitar itself is worth more than its cost, so...