LTD EC-1000 MGO review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-1000 MGO

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Perhaps the nicest aspect of this guitar is that it has big bucker fullness in spades. ESP/LTD makes an excellent product and the Gold Top EC 1000 is perhaps the star of the EC 1000 line with it's Vintage styling and sound.

I play through a bassman, Egnater tourmaster and an 18 watt Custom marshalized head through a pair of Marshall celestion 2x12's. I only need to add a tube screamer and I have my tone.

I've been a blues player since starting out in 1974 when I got my first Montgomery Wards electric then played Gibson and Fender exclusively for years. Over the past decade, I tried numerous makers and really like the LTD ESP line. Especially the EC 1000 as a replacement for the Gibson Les Paul which has seen some quality issues in recent years. I like the fact that I can have a good quality instrument that looks and plays killer.

I've had this for 6 months and have this, a customized US Fender Strat and a Japanese Fender Jazzmaster. All great guitars.

So far no issues. The finish is very durable. I believe the quality is there for this to be in the stable for awhile. Yeah, no issues and would play this without a back-up. It's one of those age long questions in the nitro vs poly camps. I like poly finishes as they tend to provide ample opportunities for recovering from scratches where as nitro may not. I like nitro with some tone woods like maple. Ash or mahogany I prefer poly- fewer humidity and shrinkage issues.

Top notch components. Tone Pros and Earvana are products that normally don't come stock. Seymour Duncan Alnico II humbuckers are solid and sound excellent. The locking tuners are a little small but are solid machine heads.

I have big hands so the neck is a little on the small side, but it's real easy to get accustomed to and is quite faster than comparable LP's. The tummy cut is appreciated and helps a little with the weight, but is not severe as to effect the overall look.

The Gold Metallic paint job is flawless as is the clear coat. I believe its a poly finish so it's a little thicker than nitro, but it resonates nicely and can play it without plugging in.

SD Alnico II Humbuckers x2, Set-Neck Construction, 24.75" Scale, Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, 42mm Earvana Compensated Nut, Thin you Neck Contour, 24XJ Frets, Chrome Hardware, ESP Locking Tuners, Tonepros Locking TOM Bridge & Tailpiece...

DukeFame
    this guitar looks sexy, I always felt like 24 frets on a LP scale neck was squeezing too much in there I'd rather have 22 w/ better playability
    megadethfan 666
    i have played way better guitars than this but they didn't get a perfect score, what the hell UG?
    Blanco
    It's user rating, SO in his opinion this is a 10/10 guitar, in ours maybe an 7 or 8. In my opinion as well the gold top one is disgusting, much rather have the vintage black or white.
    guitarguyryan94
    I love my H-1001, but I didn't even get it full 10s in my review. Be a little more critical next time man. I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure you will be able to find some sort of flaw.
    foo_diddles
    I have had an ltd ec-1000 deluxe for about a year now. It is the perfect guitar for me. Absolutely no flaws whatsoever, the sound is amazing no matter what I do with it and the playability is awesome. 10/10, and that's the LTD.
    pto654
    pto654
    pto654 wrote: Or its just someone still with a consumer high about their new gear? It's a very good guitar, but not deserving of all 10s
    sorry for the double post, but scratch the consumer high part, didn't see the last line. still, good guitar, but not deserving of straight 10s