LTD EC-100 QM review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-100 QM

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

The sound is somewhat heavy and is good for punk and music like that. I play a lot of Creed, Papa Roach, SOTY, and Alter Bridge on it so it can play a lot of styles of rock. This guitar suites my needs very well.

This guitar is great. I've had it for about a year and it is still as good as the first day I got it (apart from a few dings where I accidently dropped a distortion pedal on it) it is good for playin a lot of styles of rock. Just get strap buttons and maybe some new pickups and this guitar is exellent.

This guitar is very reliable. There is one flaw though. The strap buttons are crap. I was playing once and the strap fell and the guitar hit the ground causing the cord to get jammed up and bent the jackplate and I had to buy a new one but they are cheap it's ok. So I would buy strap locks to avoid this. I would definatly play this guitar live if you get strap locks.

The only complaint I have is that the top E sting buzzes pretty bad. But the buzz doesn't come through the amp so if you playin at high volumes it shouldnt matter. It was set up exremely well when I got it.

The guitar was made in indonesia in I think 2004. It has an agathis body with a beautiful quilted maple top. The neck it somewhat thick with extra jumbo frets. The Tune-O-Matic with stop tailpice makes it very simplpe to palm mute. It's got 2 ESP LH-100 pickups that I would recomend changing 'cause they are not the greatest. The controls are volume-volume-tone with a 3-way pickup selector.