LTD EC-100 QM review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-100 QM

Price paid: € 300

Purchased from: Hometown Store

This guitar is awesome! I play many kinds of metal since heavy to brutal death,and some rock,and sometimes for fun some country,but allmost the times and for my bands/projects is specially thrash metal! This guitar suites all these styles and more,it can play blues any kind that you want,pretty versatile! I replaced the factory pickups for a set of seymour duncans,SH-2 Jazz on the neck and SH-4 jeff becker on the bridge,I replaced them specially to have a better distorcion on the bridge pickup,but the stock pickups are great too! This is valid for the duncans and for the stock pickups,at the bridge position you have a nice,fat,deep and agressive sound,perfect for rythm,of course with the duncans I have a better distorcion,pinch harmonics,but the ESP-LH100 do the job perfectly,actually I replaced the pickups because I already owned them and I didnt have them on any guitar,since I have bougth them to install on an Epiphone Les Paul Studio that I sold it later with the stock pickups befor buying this ltd! The neck pickup is great for clean,solos,blues! The sound of this guitar is preety similar to a les paul,specially with my Peavey Envoy 110 and my Boss MT-2 I dont notice any special difference between my previous epi and this ltd with the same set of pickups! So I recommend this guitar for all type of sounds,preetty versatile,but specially for metal and rock,these are the styles that this guitar has been specially made for!

I play a lot of metallica, iron maiden, pantera, rammstein, megadeth, cob, etc... This guitar as I said before suits all kind off styles, but her soul is specially for metal and rock! I own an Ibanez RG320 with dimarzios installed, great guitar too, and it as been more expensive, but my favourite is the ltd! If I lost her or if she gets stolen I would save up for an ec-401, but only because the current models of the ltd 100 series are different from the 2006 models unfortunately! So this is all! Sorry for my bad english, but I am Portuguese!

As well as this guitar has a great finish quality, it was made to last a lifetime, I own an Ibanez rg320, but my ltd it is the guitar that I use more, and is still great as the day that I bought her, these are war materials! Well I take goodcare of my things and both guitars the Ibanez and the ltd are as new, but there are always accidents and this guitar has been made to last a lifetime that is for shure! I allways gig with a backup guitar, but I have already done entire gigs up to 2 hours with only this guitar and it never failed!

I must say that I am really impressed with the quality of this ltd, much better than my previous epiphone, this guitar came perfect, the fretjob was awesome, the nut is great, the paintjob its perfect too, when I sent it to set up the only thing that they done to my guitar was to replace the strings, and they said to me:"wow awesome guitar, preety well finished! It looks like an high end guitar" The same persons that set up my previous Epiphone and that guitar that I sold her, brand new, when went to setup it needed to be done:fretjob work, replace the nut, and remove paint scratches, as they said of my ex epiphone:"this is without any doubt an economic guitar, preety bad finished, but relax because you are not the worst case!" And about what they said abou my ltd that it looked like a high end guitar, and it only costed me more 100 than the epiphone! It really worths the 10!

2006 model, made in Indonesia, 24 XJ Frets, bolt on, 24.75" scale, agahtis body with quilted maple top, maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece, 3 way toggle with 2 volume controles and 1 for tone, black hardware, mine is see-thru black cherry, preety cool, beautiful guitar, I love all the LP shaped guitars, they are my favourites, ESP-LH100 humbuckers.