LTD EC-100 QM review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-100 QM

Purchased from: Furtado's, New Delhi

I play mostly hard rock, metal, classic rock, fingerpicking stuff and a bit of blues. I'm using a Korg AX1500G guitar processor with it, a Marshall MG10CD practice amp and a Vox amplug as well, it sounds great on all the machines. I tried to record the tones just as a testing thing and it surpassed my expectations. Whether its a big chunk, delayed lead tone or clean tone you're looking for, this one's good for all.

I'm not restricted to any genre and I play stuff ranging from Alter Bridge to Green Day to Maiden to LOG to Jeff Buckley to Metallica. It serves my needs pretty well and I have no reason to complain. Its a great guitar and first off I won't let anyone steal it, and in case someone manages to steal it by some stroke of sheer dumb luck then honestly I'd save up again to buy a higher end guitar depending on how much I would've progressed by that time. Peace.

I'll be gigging this guitar in a few days but I most certainly don't think it'll give me any trouble because it's solidly built and I make sure I clean it every once in a while and take good care of it. If you take care of the instrument, the instrument takes care of you

Action was a bit high for me, but again it's a personal preference. All I had to do was use a screw driver, its a 20 second job tops. Pickups were just fine. No loose pegs and no cuts bumps bruises on this baby. I did a proper inspection before buying it.

The spec sheet is easily available so I'll just give my input on the features. The quilted maple top looks and feels great. The neck is easily accessible. I had to lower the action a bit for easier legato playing. Other than that the 24.75" neck makes it fast and the TOM bridge occasionally needs very little tuning fixing. Pickups are LH-150 (B & N). They're above average and give a great feel irrespective of the genre being played. Best part is that the 3 way pickup selector is given on the upper bout and I love switching pickups from rythm to lead that way, looks very cool. I got a soft gig bag, allen keys, a strap and a couple of cheap picks free with the guitar.