LTD EC-100 QM review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-100 QM

Purchased from: Newells Music (Greenwood, SC)

I use it on a Marshall 50 Watt combo (Non-Crappy MG Series) The good Marshall. I play in a Christian Band but use it a lot for enjoyment. I play a lot of punk and metal too. Sounds great with punk and Metal. Although it can get real muddy with some of the Christian songs we play but it does spice it up a bit. You definitely need to turn the tone down for some solos cause it can get a little bright sometimes. But great for Distorted Palm mutes and such.

Overall impression I'd give this a 7.5. This is a GREAT guitar for starting guitarist, who are into metal and punkish music. The guitar is very easy to palm mute and and very light compared to a Gibson Les Paul. I love the color. But wear and tear and the hard to get a good sound for cleaner songs make it a 7 1/2. For the price, this guitar is GREAT!!!! I use it on my Carbon Copy MXR Delay and it sounds so great with intros and bridge builds.

You really do need to keep this well kept and it can ding pretty easy that's the only thing I don't like about it. The strap buttons are hard to keep the strap on. The finish has stayed on there. There is wear from palm mutes but that's gonna happen to all guitars.

The Guitar was REALLY well made I love it! But my guitar strap comes undone a lot which caused a small ding on the neck. Although besides the routine check ups that are needed for most guitars. It is a comfortable guitar to play and the neck is really skinny and solos are easier and power cords easier for small hands such as beginners.

Year: 2009 for Christmas See Thru Black Color... * Construction: Bolt-on * Scale: 24.75 * Body: Basswood w/quilted maple top * Neck/Fretboard: Maple/rosewood * Inlays: Dots w/model name at 12th fret * Pickups: ESP LH-150 set * Electronics: 2 volume, tone, 3-way toggle * Hardware: Black * Bridge: Tune-o-matic w/stop tailpiece * Binding: None * Frets: 24 XJ