LTD EC-100 QM review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-100 QM

Purchased from: Andertons Music co. Guildford

I don't really have a music style so I just play whatever I want when I feel like it. This guitar works great for anything I feel like playing and can get a great sound for pretty much anything. I use this guitar with some crappy amp that came with my original guitar, I plan to replace it as soon as I can (so I'm not going to mistakingly judge the sound of the guitar based on that), an OD-300 Behringer distortion pedal, a Behringer digital delay pedal (I can't remember exactly what its called) and the Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion pedal. It works great with this stuff besides the amp which I don't think would work well with aything lol. I find the pickups to be quite good at stopping high feedback but even on quiet volumes I hear hum, I like to think this is because I don't have access to any decent amps and other reviews I've seen that hasn't been a problem. The guitar has a decent range of sounds it can make but I would prefer it if it had an extra tone control.

as i mentioned earlier I play a large variety of music and this guitar can get great sound for all of them. I've been playing around 10 and a half months now and all the other gear I own I mentioned earlier in the "SOUND" section of the review (yeh I don't have much, but I'm planning to get a Peavy VYPYR amp soon) if it was stolen I wwold probably like to replace it but I'm in the sort of mindset where I want my next guitar to be a hell of a lot better than this one so I woud probably just save up money and get somethng better. What I love is the see throuh cherry colour and how on the cutaway the sticky-out part has more of a point on it than most les pauls. I wish it had something like a floyd-rose, but then again, who wouldn't want one? But seriously, I really do think this guitar has everything you could hope for in this price range and in my opinion it blows any Epiphone copy in this price range straight out of the water.

I have played on a couple of live gigs with this guitar and I'm very happy of the performance it gave. The hardware has not corroded at all and I think it will last for a while, some of the paintwork has chipped off but thats just my careless nature in my small room... I'm confident in using this guitar live but I would ALWAYS have a backup, no matter wwhat guitar I have. The strap buttons have never given out on me so I think they work amazingly.

The action is fantastic on ths guitar, its close to the frets for ease when playing but I don't get any fret buzz. One of the screws holdint the pickups in place has come loose after just a few months of use, this doesn't affect how the pickup works it just means it wobbles around a bit. The master tone control has also come loose and often falls of if the guitar gets tipped much further than a 90 degree angle. These are not major issues however and can be easily fixed, its just annoying that after only a few months of se this has happened.

My 100QM was made in china but I don't know about the year. It is a 24 X-jumbo fret Les Paul design guitar with a basswood body, maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. T-O-M bridge and a 4.2cm Standard nut. Black nickle hardware on mine as its the see-through black cherry colour. 3-way selector with 2 pickups, one right next to the neck and one closr to the bridge. ESP tuners and ESP L.H-150 pickups.

toomuchbrain
    i just got that one and its my first guitar. not like ive tried too much guitars but the e string really does buzz horrbily, at first i thought that i was doing something wrong but weird... the strap buttons are really crappy its been only threedays and the guitar has fallen 3 times already but hopefully nothing happened cuz i was holding the neck... so i say its a real nice guitar but you have to be careful with it
    AU josh
    im buying that guitar i have it on laybuy =/ it sounds good i played it in the shopp
    Maldihr
    I bought this guitar a couple of months ago and I haven't got any problems with strap-buttons of buzzing from any strings. I reccomend it to metal and hard rock player which are quite good and have done this a few years. Run and buy!!!!!
    Downtaker92
    I bought the guitar also like 5months ago,and i still dont have any problems with it,the strap buttons are preety solid and the neck is smooth for playing,I really didnt expect that much of a sound from it,but i was wrong,the guitar is awesome for any kind of metal and punk,preety hardcore guitar
    redk9serpent
    I've had this guitar for 2 months now and I think this guitar is really nice. It had a terrible fret buzz at first and I wasn't really able to hear it because either the guitar shop was noisy or i was too excited to get my first guitar. But I brought it back to the shop to get it setup properly and now the action is low and fast. I love it now. I'll save up some money to get some Seymour Duncan for it though. But for the price I must say the ec 100qm is one of the best guitars out there.
    thatmikedude
    ive been looking for 4 months for what guitar i want that looks hot, sounds good, and still has that metal edge. thats y i went to esp and i found this ec-100. i instantly fell in love with it and you cant beat the paint job with any other guitar in its pricerange. i can totally shed it up with this thing. my friend has it and im goin to buy it over the summer
    Demesthones
    I just got this guitar and it sounds great. From the factory, the intonation should be very close if not perfect. The strap buttons are very iffy though and the strap can come loose quite often. But a set of buttons with some locks and you'll be set with this thing.
    iloveslipknot
    ive been using this guitar since the 4th of september and i think its great. it was 200 at the shop i got it from and has much better sound quality and is easier to play than any of the other les pauls they had. i think the strap buttons are great because sometimes i like to go a bit mental if im home alone playin guitar, and the straps never come off once. overall, beautiful look, amazing sound, great guitar
    ben10tom
    I'm a beginner & i was wondering which is a better choice....the Viper 100FM or the EC 100QM??(:
    Stevegio
    How do you even review a guitar without an amp???? The 1st review is useless
    Stevegio
    None of these reviewere tested this guitar on anything but toy amps...Hook it upi to a Blues JR or a Blackstar or evena blackheart instead of these throe away toy amps. But I guess when you review a $200 guitar you get a 50 cents review
    emokiller1
    ive had this guitar for a little over 2 months, and i have to say it sounds MUCH better than I thought it was going to sound. though, I cant say I like the sound of shit wood like agathis. Im getting some seymour duncan blackouts to cover that up though... this guitar is great!!!