LTD EC-100 QM review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-100 QM

Purchased from: Dolphin Music

This guitar is brilliant for every style of music but I love to play Metal/Metalcore. It works brilliantly, although pinch harmonics are only alright I think a replacement of pick ups would work a dream. I'm currently using a Roland Cube 15X and on clean and distortion it sound fantastic. It gives a heavy crunch, and yet a bright, crisp, clean sound.

Playing Metalcore give this guitar its true test and it has passed with flying colours! Although I am only a starter, this guitar gets recommended to all my professional friends too! If it were stolen? Hmmm. I would probably cry, I'd buy it again! I love the finish, and also the fact its a classic Les Paul style and its amazing for playing metal. The only thing I wish it had as stock was EMG's or just a tad better pick ups.

Will this guitar withstand live playing? I think it will. Does the hardware seem like it will last? Defiantly, strong, sturdy, top class. Are the strap buttons solid? YES! Can you depend on it? Would you use it on a gig without a backup? I would love to say yes, but things do tend to go wrong for me so I'd use a back up. Is the finish good enough to last, or does it seem thin and easy to wear off with lots of playing? Only having it a couple of months I can see no wear in the finish so I think yes it will defiantly last a good few years.

The guitar was brilliantly set up factory wise, the action is just brilliant, and finish as I have said stunning. The only thing I would change are the tuners and the stock strings but thats just a personal feel. I don't know why people are talking rubbish about the strap buttons, I have NOT had one problem with them. The guitar stays in tune very well in my opinion.

On Dolphin music it says 'The ESP Guitars EC 100QM 6-String Les Paul-style Electric Guitar. Rocking Single-Cut electric, with quilted maple top, at an incredible price.' These words are defiantly true. The guitar itself is in a stunning Cherry Sunburst and look mind blowing under natural and stage light. The Guitar features are... Bolt-On Construction 24.75" Scale Basswood Body Quilted Maple Top Maple Neck Rosewood Fingerboard 42mm Standard Nut Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Chrome Hardware (Black Nickel for STBLK & STBC) ESP Tuners TOM Bridge & Tailpiece ESP LH-150 (B & N) p.u.