LTD EC-100 QM review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-100 QM

Price paid: A$ 600

Purchased from: The Rockshop

I play mainly Rock, Blues and Metal, and my EC 100 suits all of these styles perfectly. I use mine with a Line 6 spider III 15 watt amplifier. Sometimes there is a bit of feedback when you Switch to the neck pickup but this only happens when the amp is set on insane. The ESP LTD EC 100 can make a variety of different sounds leads sound awesome on this guitar and chords sound great to.

The ESP LTD EC 100 would be suitable for all types of music and it is great guitar for a beginner or a very competent musician. If mine was lost or stolen I would probably save up for an Epiphone Les Paul Standard but hopefully this never happens I recommend the ESP LTD EC 100 to every guitarist.

I think this guitar could easily withstand live playing. The hard ware should last with a bit of tightening up the strap buttons are extremely solid I have had no drops yet. I would still take a backup to a gig just encase something happens. The Finish has know signs of ware even though it doe sent have a pickgaurd.

This guitar was set up very well in the factory and there is not many problems with it. The action on this guitar is very low but there is no fret buzz. The pickups were adjusted very well and they pick up the sound great the only flaw with the guitar is the loose controls eg: Toggle Switch cap falls off and so does one of the volume knobs.

The ESP LTD EC100 has 24 extra jumbo frets on a maple neck, it has a see through black cherry quilted maple finish on a basswood body. It has a tune-o-matic bridge 2 volume and 1 tone knob and a 3 way pickup selector all of these are in black nickle.It has ESP locking tuners and ESP LH-150 pickups which I would change to EMGs because they don't squeal very welly when doing pinch harmonics. The toggle Switch cap and the volume and tone knobs sometimes fall of but they can be easily fixed with some glue and an allen key the strap buttons are very sturdy. My EC 100 came with a lead, gigbag, strap, tools and a Line 6 spider III 15w amplifier.