LTD EC-100 QM review by ESP

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
ESP: LTD EC-100 QM

Purchased from: Sandvika music senter

I play mainly metal (Iron Maiden, Dimmu Borgir, All That Remains, Alice Cooper, Nightwish) and this guitar rocks. The ESP LH-100 pickups are full of sound and richness. Good harmonics and just a small amount of noise when not touching the strings, even with the gain quite high. Not the best pickups for soloing and shredding, but they'll do the job if you're not a pro.

I'm not the guy who says 10 on all and says it's the best guitar ever. I don't think there is a "best guitar", and everyone has a different taste. But for me, playing metal and having quite big hands and long fingers, this guitar is very good! Some minor errors, but again; you really can't expect anything else from a guitar like this. I study music in high school, and this is my main guitar for school work, and mostly everything else. I would reccomend everyone considering buying this guitar to try it first. And not only the same model, but the ACTUAL guitar you are buying, to see if there is any major errors you don't like. But overall, a good guitar for metal and heavy rock, not to much a solo guitar, but rhythmwise, it's awesome!

I've used this guitar several times live with my band, and apart from one time when the G string jumped down a half step just before a song, it's been good. That was probably me failing when I changes strings the night before A week after I got it, the tone knob fell of and the jack output began to loosen up, but the store I bought it from fixed it in minutes for free. But I don't think you can expect anything else from a quite cheap corean made guitar. I will always bring a backup, because I don't think I can fully depend on it. But I haven't had any problems apart from those I've mentioned.

Can't comment about the factory setup, the store set it up before I bought it. But the action can be quite low without fretbuzz. And I've never needed to adjust the neck when I have changed string gauge. The pickups were I bit low for my preferences, and the intonation was not spot on, but both is an easy fix. No problems with the finish, looks beautiful still! Mine is in See Trought Black. Just wipe over it with some cleaning from time to time.

This mid-range prices ESP Ltd was made in 2009, and features a basswood body with a quilted maple top, maple neck with Esp's thin neck contour, rosewood fretboard with standard dot inlays, Esp's own LH-100 pickups, ESP tuners, tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece, two volume knobs, one tone knob, and a 3-way toggle switch. When I bought it I was looking for a good guitar for metal and rock mainly, and I really got it! I only miss some better tuners and a better nut, because the guitar tends to go out of tune. I also missed some better pickups, so I installed some Seymour Duncans. But the ESP pickups are very good. I bought an ESP LTD EX-400 a year later, which costed me around $1500, and I've still used this instead of the EX in several occations.