LTD EC-256 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-256

Price paid: A$ 900

Purchased from: Chinatown Music

I've got a very varied music taste and play everything from metal to stuff like third eye blind, Kings Of Leon (alternative), Bloc Party and Rise Against. The pickups are effectively noiseless and the three way selector switch and the tone controls can be adjusted to achieve virtually any sound from a hardcore metal (bridge pickup using DigiTech Grunge Distortion) to a full clean sound. Playing it through a Peavey Vypyr 75 and the sound is awesome, very versatile guitar tone-wise which allows me to get the mostout of my amp.

I have been playing a year and a half and purchased this as an upgrade from the guitar I started out on (A Monterey msg-1) ick. So far the tonal quality and build of this guitar have by far excelled my expetations. My favourite bits about it are the finish (yes, said it again) and ergonomics of it and the tonal control available with the push pull coil tap and tonal knobs. If I were head of ESP I'd be charging alot more for their LTD guitars.

Is a very solid well balanced guitar and although I haven't dropped it yet (don't plan to) I know that it'd stay in one piece and at worst mark its finish :(. The strap buttons it came with are virtually strap locks and theres no chance of the strap coming off provided its a half decent one. I wouldn't take it to a gig without backup as its much easier if i break a string to grab my other guitar but I would leave that in the car as this is one well made guitar.

Guitar arrived in box ready to play, had to only tune E and A strings. Pickups and action were in suitable playing positions and the finish I've mentioned above was untouched and pure awesomeness. Action, Fit & Finish = the pure sweet nectar of awesomeness.

Is a 24-fret, double humbucker, push-pull-coil-tap, babe of a guitar that was made in Indonesia 2009 and I've purchased it recently (Nov 2009). 24-3/4 in. Scale length, Tune-o-matic bridge with a stop tailpiece and two EMG-HZ humbuckers (passives). Black hardware, agathis les paul influenced body, 3-piece mahogany set-neck with a rosewood fingerboard (XJ frets) and neck binding. Has volume control, selector Switch and two tone controls (will coil tap). Oh and the finish on it is awesome, a jet black with a grey pearl pattern. Google it.