LTD EC-256 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-256

Purchased from: Sandvika, Norway

I play metal and this guitar fits perfectly to the genre. I'm using my Fender Mustang III and my overdrive pedal from TC Electronic. The guitar makes a very bright sound.

I play metal and it works well to play metal with. I've played since I was eight years old, I had a Morgan Stratocaster for many years, but I felt that I needed a guitar that worked to play metal with so I bought this. If it had been stolen I would probably buy a similar or a Gibson guitar. I love the shape of the guitar and appearance. I compare the guitar for most of the Gibson Les Paul Standard. I chose this guitar because it suited me and it looks awesome. I wish the guitar had EMG pickups.

The guitar works awesome good to play live with. Today my band played "Transylvania" by Iron Maiden live without any problem. The hardware will last a long time. The strap buttons are solid, and I never have to worry that it will fall off. I depend on the guitar on a gig, but it's always wise to have a backup guitar in case something happens.

The action was good. The pickups were adjusted fine. The guitar lacked nothing. The wood was in good quality. Everything is just fine with this guitar.

- Set-neck - 24-3/4" scale - Mahogany body - Mahogany neck - Rosewood fingerboard - 42mm standard nut - Thin U neck contour - 22 extra-jumbo frets - Nickel hardware - ESP tuners - ESP LH-150 humbuckers

claude blondin
    Despite all the "so called experts"putting this guitar through it's paces,it is after all a $400.00 guitar.And a well built one at that.Putting it through mindless sound checks ,to me,seems like a waste of time. You either like the way it feels or not.All hardware can be replaced,including the pickups but in most cases that isn't necessary.Someone complained that there was a blemish that was not part of the aging process.HA HA HA ! it, a guitar that's made to look worn.If this was a $4000.00 guitar I could see the concern,but really? It's like Frank Zappa said,"SHUT UP AND PLAY YOUR GUITAR
    rsaragosa
    I liked all the reviews here great feedback. I purchased this Guitar the other day. I wasn't wild about the distressed look but I played it at two different stores and really liked it. I brought it home played it some more unplugged still and I was happy with the guitar. Then I went to plug it in and I experienced what others have said that the input jack was very loose, don't know how they get shipped like this. I tightened up the jack and plugged back in no problem. Then I flipped the pickup selector switch to neck pickup and with the first volume knob I get nothing and I think what is going on here. I turned the second volume knob and it controls the volume to the neck pickup and as you can probably guess the rest of the wiring is off in ways I can't even understand. So I really at this point don't have confidence in this guitar even though I could take it back to the store and have them fix it I just don't want to keep it. So if you see this guitar play it I am sure many of you will like it but don't buy it without plugging in like I did. Great playing guitar for the price and it sounds pretty good as well. Maybe mine was a fluke I don't know. Went back to store and traded for a Les Paul maybe should have done that in the first place.
    DJStout
    An excellent review. I was a little lucky, picked mine up on sale, on line, for $300.
    rscornutt
    I have always loved a lot about LPs, but could never get along with the 50s profile neck. I have a Gibson '61 RI SG and love the neck. I wanted an LP and bought an EC 400. That led to an EC 1000. I own two other LTDs as well. The EC series offers someh
    junglefish
    it's an ok guitar, they really didn't have any kind or color at the time when i bought it like a mh-1000 in green or EC VF 401 with SB. Plays and sounds ok for the price and everything. I'd rather gt the VF though. Also the quality control at ESP sucks, i went through like 4 of them before finding one without defects in the finish, neck of the wood or body.
    demetriades1
    this is my first electric guitar i love it i have some small problems but the sound and the ability to make a lot of tonal and sound changes only wth pickups its great
    AXXTACYGUITARS
    nice reviews from everybody. buti feel bad for the dude who paid $900 for one of these, hope he plays the crap out of it. i've got one coming from MF tomoro on closeout for $250, and i am hoping the pups sound at least as good as Ibanez stockbuckers. It seems like a nice sled to put dimarzios in down the road, but for now I plan to get to know these much-maligned ESP pups and see what everyone is griping about. My other three LTDs have duncan designed (M type body), duncan USA (F-250 upgraded) and EMG designed (also M type body) this is my first LTDes Paul nd first with stockers...i got the transblack flame which they are discontinuing, good, it's a very cool color, everyone else can have the sunnies and honeys. i plan to put one of those ESP triangle trussrod covers on there, premium pups of some sort and voilea!... A poor mans ESP. To be continued...