LTD EC-401 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-401

Price paid: € 700

Purchased from: Dragon Music Forli

This axe is made for heavy genres. I use it for playing classic metal, heavy metal, rock and some other heavy genre and it's very very good for that. Despite I heard from more than a guy that emgs sound cold and lacks of dynamics, I must admit that I can obtain a wide range of sound from this guitar and I think that it's still very versatile (unless you want to play rockabilly...), heavy, roaring and deep. I play thru crybaby 535q wah -> Danelectro Fab Metal -> Danelectro Fab Distortion -> Marshall stereo chorus -> Laney vc 50 and I'm very happy for this configuration, but onestly I think that this guitar has its best scream when plugged into a Marshall jcm. Not a noise can be heard when plugged, properly equalised and resting.

I've been playing for 1 year and half now and this is one of the best guitars I ever played (I tried and owned gibsons, jacksons, epiphones and many others). Ec-401 can perfectly handle aggressive and heavy styles of playing and shines on stage. A very very nice deal for 700. If it'd be stolen or lost I would definitely buy it again, or would try a an ex or EC 1000.

I immediately replaced its strap buttons with Schaller straplocks, I want to have safe sex with this girl! I would never gig without a backup but this instrument seems made to last and feels and look very durable and well built.

Not a single flaw can be found on this guitar, ESP/Ltd guys made a great job. The axe was pretty set by my reseller even if I think that a competent luthier could do better. I felt in love for this lady because she sounds and looks great. Great deal for it's price.

This guitar has been manufactured in Indonesia in 2008 I suppose. Look and finish are very accurate, this guitar has nothing to envy to its American ESP sisters. Body and (thin you set) neck are made of heavy mahogany, which gives this guitar a very noticeable sustain. A TOM bridge and tailpiece plus a earvana nut are featured on this beautiful instrument that looks great and sounds amazingly thanks to the well-known EMG 60/81 (hetfield's fav configuration). The guitar itself is very playable and versatile since you play heavy genres, thanks to 24 extra jumbo frets and a very very very smooth fingerboard that makes every bending very easy and comfortable to perform. Action is insanely low and, with a nice setup, you can make this lady scream in every. I own a Olympic White one, with neck and body binding and I'm very happy with it.