LTD EC-401 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-401

Price paid: € 800

Purchased from: 4Sound/Muiskbörsen (Sweden)

I play mostly metal and hard rock but a bit classical as well. It works great! I use it with a Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo and it sounds terrific! Together with the tube amp it creates a really warm, rich and beautiful sound (see Slash/Steve Vai/Satriani etc). The only con is that, yes, it is a bit noisy.

Really good guitar but think about the fretnoise-problem, it's pretty darn irritating! It gave me a really bang for the bucks guitar when I bought it 3 years ago but honestly I think that these small problems with it can make it feel kind of "low-quality".

I've used the guitar live and yes, it works fine. However one of the three volume/tone knobs always fall off, the neck alway twist itself back to a pretty bent position after just a couple of months after I've bent it into a good position again. But this isn't really the largest problem with the guitar. This is where we comes to fret noise, and it's bad. I've done everything I can and also sent it for service but the damn fret-noise simply won't stop and that, my friends, is the only "real" con with this, otherwise really good guitar.

It was all fine from factory, however after a while I needed to bend the guitar neck. And after a while after this I needed to do it again... And again... And again. Which leads to the next box.

This guitar is featuring everything you would like to have on a Les Paul-styled guitar, nothing to say more here really. The specs are very much findable online but yeah it's made in Indonesia, the included pick ups are one EMG 81 at the bridge and one EMG 60 at the neck. But as I said everything is there, at least for this price range. It doesn't have locking tuners. It has 24 XJ Jumbo Frets.

Beato97
    I just got one of these for my birthday yesterday and I love it honestly
    tab789
    as Adam implied I'm shocked that you able to earn $7328 in one month on the internet. did you look at this page Great70dotcom