LTD EC-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-50

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

This guitar suits my music style of punk, rock, and metal perfectly. I'm using it with my guitar port right now but the speakers I have on my comp. are pretty close to blown and it still sounds great, I've also used it in my Marshall and it sounds awesome there too. I'm using distortion and reverb with it. So far its not noisy at all it has great sustain and there isn't any buzzing or anything when it just sitting there and it has a rich bright sound. The way I play I can have this guitar making any sound I want and I suppose there is a good little bit of variety to it.

I play punk, rock, and metal and this guitar suits me and my music almost perfectly. One thing I wish I asked was what it took to change the pickups. If it was stolen I would definately consider buying it again but I would try out a few more guitars like it just to see what others were like. What I like most about it is the neck and scale length because together they let you play fast and bend easily.

This guitar will definately withstand live playing cause I whip it around pretty good when I'm playing. The hardware seems like it will withstand a lot but the buttons seem a little small you might consider buying strap-locks with it. I could see using it as my main guitar for a gig but common sense would be to have a back up just in case. The finish seems like it is of good quality.

It was set up pretty good when I got it I had to lower the strings and tune it and that was it. The pickups were adjusted just fine for me. When I got it, it didnt have any flaws in the finish or anything really, just the pickup might wiggle the tinniest bit but it doesn't effect the sound.

I just got this guitar and I love the way it plays. It has a rosewood fretboard with 24 frets and a 24 3/4 scale length and the neck is made up of maple bolted onto a agathis body. It's a Paul style body with a Tune-O-Matic bridge and a 3-way toggle which is lead, rhythm, and the middle is a combination of both because the lead and rhythm have two seperate volumes and one tone. It has two ESP LH-100 pickups and I've read that in some the higher strings will sound screwed up after a while but I havent had that problem yet.