LTD EC-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-50

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Like many people have said, the pickups are perfect for metal. Only problem with that is, I don't play metal. They were too muddy for me. No problems with the pickups. Like I said earlier, Metal isn't my style. If you buy this and don't play metal, be prepared to get new pickups. The DC resistance is around 14-14.8 ohms in each pickup.

I've been playing for 3 years and play anywhere from hard rock to classic rock and blues rock. After putting a couple Gibson 57' Classic pickups in, this guitar suits me perfectly. I use a Marshall Bluesbreaker II and Marshall MG15DFX amp. I've played live once which didn't turn out very well because I was forced to make up a song on the spot (which I suck at) and I was as nervous as crap. If this was stolen, I'd find the guy Who stole it and kick his neck. Or I'd buy it again. This guitar is awesome. I love it.

My buddy's guitar was in the shop so I loaned him mine. It held up perfect when he was on stage. Just get locking tuners and you're good to go. The strap buttons are solid and the hardware is pretty good. I see this guitar being used for many years to come. I don't see why you would need a backup with this.

Hardware, electronics, and everything are good. No fret buzzing, which means the people at the factory did a good job. The tuners aren't the best in the world. They tend to go out of tune easily. They're the only reason I didn't rate it a 10. I would recommend getting locking tuners like grovers or something.

This guitar is an '06 model from Indonesia. It's red, black hardware, has 24 frets with a nice skinny neck and rosewood fret board. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge, 2 volumes, 1 tone, and a 3-way Switch. It has ESP LH-100 pickups. It also came with a stand. It has that cutaway on the back kind of like on a Fender Stratocaster, making it much more comfortable to play than a les paul.