LTD EC-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-50

Purchased from: K&S Music (Williamsport)

I play metal (Opeth, Death, Into Eternity) to Jazz fusion (Chris Poland-ish) and neo-classical (Di Meola, Friedman) and this guitar fits that perfectly. The bridge pickup is killer and provides a thrash-style crunch with a nice high-tone. The neck pickup is a master pickup for leads. It is clean and destructive. I play through a cheap Ibanez (lol) amp, and it sounds great on distortion and lovely on cleans. It has very few problems with extra noise and is usually full and rich in the tone.

This plays metal, blues, jazz, free-form, flamenco, tapping, shred, anything you can think of, well. This fits me as I've been playing for 3 + years and am getting into weird music forms. I also own a Boss MetalZone FX pedal (which makes the distortion more bright and punchy) and an Ibanez RG (which is the worst guitar I've ever played or heard played) and the RG is dog-doodle compared to this, ESP guitars are probably the best guitars next to PRS (which is the next guitar I plan on buying) and I just wish I had a new freaking amp to go along with, as I plan to buy a Crate.

It would stand well Live, and possibly at such like an arena. The hardware will last if given enough cleaning and proper handling, the strap buttons are remarkably solid too (unlike my Ibanez, ugh horrid piece of wood) And the finish the same it is remarkable and incredible (also unlike my Ibanez).

Decently set-up, but the action was incredible, it wasn't extremely high or low, it was perfect.The guitar's bridge/neck/head/body had no flaws whatsoever and the tobacco sunburst looks amazing on it. The finish on the neck is spectacular but if any sweat touches the back of the neck, you gonna have some hard time getting it off of there. The tobacco sunburst I bought had a black stain (barely noticeable) which made it even better looking!

This guitar has 24 extra-jumbo frets, it was made in 02 and it has a rosewood 24.5" scale neck. It's pure mahogany and it has a carved-top. Sperzel tuners (which stay in tune almost always unless I put it in Standard D) Passive ESP pickups (surprisingly awesome) and it came with a hard-shell ESP case that is very, very good.