LTD EC-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-50

Price paid: € 286

Purchased from: Thomann

Becaus ESP guitars are more for metal and Hardcore it suits my style just perfect. I use a Marshall MG30FX on the clean channel and a Harley Benton HEAVY METAL pedal. I use a heavy distortion and when I don't touch the strings there is no noise at all. The ESP LH-150 give you a nice bright heavy distortion sound but it can also give you a nice clean tone.

Since I play Hardcore, Metal and Punk is this guitar great with my Marshall MG30FX and Heavy Metal pedal. If it was stolen I would find the guy and let some canniballs eat him alive and buy the guitar back. I love everything about this guitar and recommend this guitar.

Haven't played live with this guitar but I think you don't need any backup (maybe you need if ur guitar is in a dropped tuning and you play songs with diffrent tunings) and the hardware is very strong on the guitar and my strap (I had this problem with my other guitar) won't come off, I don't think that the finish will ever come off the guitar so you can retain the nice (Satan, Olympic White or..) finish.

I just got the guitar and when I received it after 2 days from Germany (really fast!) it was tuned completely wrong but that's from the journy to here, everything else was set-up fine and I could just plug into my amp and play. Didn't detect any flaws yet and I hope I never will.

It's probably made in 2010 or 2009 because it's made in Indonisia.. 24 Jumbo frets, Agathis Body, Rosewoord Fretboard, Maple Neck (a thin neck) and a nice olympic white finish on a ESP style LP. Tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece, 2 volume and 1 tone, 2 ESP LH-150 pickups (wich give you a great tone). It came in a big box full of bubbleplastic and a extra box with the guitar, I also receivid a code from ESP to get something free but I didn't confirmed it yet..