LTD EC-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-50

Purchased from: Brick House Music

I like to play alot of things but the thing that made this guitar a must have for me was that fact it had 24 frets and that it had a toggle switch.This guitar sounds amazing no matter how bad you are at playing. You can throw and amp setting, pedal or what have you at it and it will still stay true. This guitar is very easy to solo on. Also the jumbo frets made tapping easier than taking a nap

The rest of my set up is pretty simple I have 100w Peavey 210 trans chourus that is a trans-tube and a Digi-Tech RP 250 guitar processing pedal. If I was going ton vacation and Brought ny guitar with and the pland crashed and wrecked my guitar and I survived I wou buy 3 of these guitars to replace it. BUY THIS GUITAR.

This guitar was made for live playing there is a cut away on the back of it that fits the curve of your body while standing. I would use this guitar and only this guitar while playing shows. I havedropped this guitar 1 or 2 times and it has sustained minimal damage and yes I did apoligize to it after dropping it like every guitar player should after he/she drops their "baby".

I have changed nothing but the strings on this guitar I have found no problems with this guitar and I have had it for a little over a year. I suggest cleaning the fret board and strings with like white mineral oil once a month or more I shines the board really nice and keeps the strings in much bettershape and makes the strings easier to play [don't ask what I mean idk how to explain it].

So I had been playing guitar for maybe a year two at the most and I was ready for a new "decent" guitar. I fell in love with the shape of Les Pauls so this guitar had to have that shape. I was also very much a fan of Rage Against The Machine and still am so I wanted a guitar with a toggle switch. And I wanted a guitar with 2 tone knobs and a volume knob because haveing 4 knobs like standard les pauls confused me. And the other thing I wanted bit didn't "need" to have was a guitar with 24 frets. I had been begging my mom to buy me a new guitar for pretty much 3 months and kept getting shut down untill finally one day she said yes. I looked everywhere you could imagine for a new guitar except the internet [because I am very protective of my stuff and didn't want it getting broken in the mail] Then one day at school I overheard someone talking about this little music store downtown called Brick House Music. My first impression of the store was not a good one but when I walked in my jaw dropped. This little store had the coolest guitars I had seen by far. My mom put a $200 limit on the guitar. So instantly I asked the guy at the counter "What do you have for $200. And he gave me a blank look. He got up and walked over to the wall of guitars and looked for a moment and returned with an ESP-LTD EC-50. I thought "there is no way this is $200" but the price tag proved me wrong. I swear to you there was an aoura around that guitar and angels singing in the backgroundwhen I laid eyes on it... Or maybe it was the sound of feedback on an amp someone was using to play bass in the corner? I left the store that day with ESP-LTD EC-50 all chrome hardware, matte black body finish, dual humbuckers, 24 fret rosewood fretboard with ESP tuners and pickups, 2 tone knobs and one volume knob, a 3-way toggle switch. And I can't forget the jumbo frets.