LTD EC-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-50

Price paid: € 220

Purchased from: Thomann.de

It fits my music style very well, I'm using an Orange amp which has good gain and overdrive and it gives my guitar a very sweet tone. I'm playing a lot of solos with overdrive and this guitar makes them sound very well. The clean tone is definetly not as good as distorted/overdriven tone.

I play a lot of heavy-rock, progressive rock and it fits my style very well. I've been playing for a year and I had a Squire Strat before this, and I can honestly say that this is way better than the Strat I had before. If it had stolen I would probably like save like 50 more bucks and buy next model of this guitar.

Yes, this guitar would definately withstand live playing. Hardware seems like it will last for a very long time, strap buttons are very solid. I would depend on it but I would bring a backup guitar. I have had it for like 2 weeks, but it seems like it would really last for some time.

The guitar was realy well set when I first got it, the only problem was the hole where the cable comes in was loose but I fixed it very quickly, all exept that was very good. The pickups where adjusted well, I haven't even adjusted them my self yet cause they are already in a good position.

24 frets, very comfortable neck. All tuning mechanisms are made out of chrome, Tune-o-matic bridge. Les Paul style body.