LTD EC-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-50

Purchased from: Sound Techs

I play a lot of different musical styles. (Rock, Metal, Alternative, Alt. Rock, Indie rock, Blues, Jazz, etc...) I've successfully played songs from Metallica, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Red HOT Chili Peppers, and a ton of other bands with great results.I use a Line 6 amplifier with a Delta-Lab multi-effects pedal. It's not really noisy unless you try some Van Halen-esque tapping, but that's probably just my lack of practice in that skill. It plays great and i sometimes feel like "Whoah man, I sound like Slash!" just because the sound and tone of the guitar is that good. Now, It's no Les Paul, but it has great tone quality and i don't regret the buy AT ALL.

It is a great guitar and i recommend it to anyone, experienced or not.It matches almost any style you can think of (except maybe country... And definitely not rap or hip hop... If those two can be called music at all.)I do wish I had asked if there was another color as white is difficult to keep clean, but its not a big deal. In the case that it was stolen, I would definitely consider this model as a replacement, but I mean... If I have enough money to get something better and wider respected I probably would. (like a Les Paul or Stratocaster maybe? I wish...) I love the tone and sound it produces. I can just play it regardless the style of music, though I love improvising over jazz or blues. I can't say I hate anything about it and my favorite feature would have to be the overall look of it. It just looks epic. I did compare it to others, but this one hadn't been used and it was well within my price range. I had also been dying to have an Les Paul-style guitar. I do with it had a whammy bar and maybe different pick-ups (like Seymore Duncans maybe), though those are just small things that can be addressed with the right amount of moeny. I am very happy with this guitar and I love playing it very much. ROCK ON!!!

I've had the guitar for maybe 6 months now and it has held up very well. I dropped it once because my strap was turned the wrong way and pulled loose. It landed on my multi-effects peddle, but there was no permanent damage. The strap buttons are very solid (just make sure the strap is good quality and not worn out. That goes for every guitar though.) The hardware seems pretty legit and I have had no problems with it thus far. I can depend on it completely. I have never played a live show with it, though it has lasted me a jam session or two with no problems. The finish is fine and I would go to a live show without a back up if I weren't a clutz and could probably wind up dropping it or something.

The guitar was brand new, maybe played a few times by some potential buyers in the store, but never actually USED. Th e action and strings were great and I was able just to pick it up and play without any form of problem. Everything is wired correctly and I have had absolutely no malfunctions out of it at all.

The EC-50 is a nice guitar with Chrome ESP non-locking tuners, a rosewood neck, Tune-O-Matic bridge, 3 controll nobs (two volume, one tone), and has a nice Les Paul style body. It is equiped with two ESP humbucker pickups, a three-way selector, and 24 frets on a somewhat thin neck. It feels great to play and isn't too heavy or too light. Mine is a nice off white-ish color with a clear finish. No Whammy.