LTD EC-50 review by ESP

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
ESP: LTD EC-50

Purchased from: World of Music

I love to play classic rock, and the sound compliments very nicely with Guns N Roses, Led Zepp. ZZ Top, Van Halen, ya know... The classics. It gave a bright distorted tone right away, as soon as I plugged it in at the shop it sounded perfect. At the moment I'm playing it thru a Line 6 Spider III and I use a Cry Baby Wah... Sounds beautiful. I previously owned a Squier Bullet Strat... This runs train on it.

Overall its a great fit for me. I love it. I've been playing for a year or two and I never considered selling it from the start. I also own a 1941 Gibson ES-150 passed down to me by my grandfather (not really important) but if I ever lost this I would buy another, primarily because of how great the neck feels, I wish it had a more classic look (I.e. Top hat knobs, switchwasher, pickguard etc.) like I said, I changed the appearance alot. The sound and feel were great.

I'm only 14 so I've only ever played a school talent show, no problems there, I did replace the buttons with Dunlop straplocks though. The finish looks nice (I had black cherry) but I plan to be a luthier in the future so it underwent some cosmetic differences, I stripped it down, stained it dark cherry and gave it a flamed maple top which I dyed amber.

I bought mine used so it was set up weird... Easily fixable. Even though it was used there were no flaws in the finish or the hardware, other than a loose nut on the input jack. The pickups weren't set up properly on account of it being used... Easy fix though. Hardware was perfect when I bought it, I beat it around alot but surprisingly there aren't any scratches.

I bought this guitar last may, and I've been completely satisfied. It was made in Indonesia, with a rosewood fretboard on a maple neck with 24 extra jumbo frets. It has a basswood body, flat top Les Paul style with a TOM bridge and tailpiece, 3 knobs, 2 volume and 1 tone, the ESP tuners were very nice in my opinion and turned smoothly with mimimal effort.

OwenNinjah
    I purchased this guitar for about $400NZD over a year ago, and it's great. Any beginner guitarist should definitely get this if they're looking to play metal/hard rock. Pickup selector is in the most annoying of places though! But other than that, no problems after thrashing it for well over a year.
    carlingvasquez
    Is ESP LTD EC50 better than the Eiphone LP 100? I am a beginner and I need advice for my first purchase? Thanks
    androidparanoid
    I bought this guitar few months ago and am more then satisfied. I dont have much experience with guitars but i also own Hondo SG '79 lawsuit model and ESP sounds much better. I was struggling with 35 years old Hondo for years and this guitar came like a breath of fresh air. I got Satin Black version and its one of the most beautiful guitars i have ever seen. I think its a great beginers guitar and great value for the money. I paid 200$ for new guitar and for that much money you cant buy better guitar by my oppinion.