LTD EC-500 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-500

Purchased from: Thomann.com

I like to play the heavy stuff on this guitar and it is perfect for it. The EMG's are a dream, really bright and heavy. The neck pickup has a warm tone which is perfect for the solos. The bridge pickup screams! Artificial harmonics sounds great! This guitar sounds awesome with distortion but has been critisised for its clean sound. I have found that you can infact a very good clean tone on this guitar. I have a Marshall VS65R amplifier and use the Ibanez turbo tube screamer. This guitar already sounds heavy through just the overdriven channels, but with the Ibanez screamer. Oh yes.

This guitar is perfect for rock/metal. The EMG's give it an amazing umph! The only regrets I have about this guitar is finding out I could of bought it for cheaper than I did. If I lost or had this guitar stolen from me I would hunt down the person that did it. If I couldn't get it back I would definitely buy this guitar again. I love this guitar for it's heavy sound, perfect for solo's and riffage.

This guitar is a workhorse guitar, solid as a rock:P The hardware on this guitar, I'm confident, will last for a long time. On many other guitars I have tried I felt uncomfortable as I felt the strap could just fall off as the strap buttons were so small. On this guitar though, the strap buttons are much larger and very sturdy. This guitar is very dependable. So far no problems. Regardless I would never gig without a backup. You never know. The finish seems like it will last for a long time, no discolourations or anything.

When the guitar came to me it had the perfect setup, all I had to do was tune it up and away I was. I have had this guitar now for several months, so far no problems and I am pretty confident this guitar will last me many years to come. I have heard people being worried about satin finishes being easily scratched but this is not entirely true. I have bumped this guitar many times and so far have not yet discovered a scratch!