LTD EC-500 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-500

Purchased from: Musicians friend

Well I went from an Epiphone Explorer with a complete custom setup and then bill hardins music messed it up completely whe n I had some wiring problems. So in return they paid ahlf and as much as I loved my Epiphone this was my first guitar with emgs and damn I love their sound. The EMG 60 provides incredibly warm bright clean tones but with some gain will give some hellacious crunch while the neck gives out more of a bluesy country sound but yet again add in the gain and in comes the screams. The EMG's picked up every little small sound which was frustrating at first but I've had it for about five years now and have since gotten more guitars with EMG's.

Well I had had in the past an EC-50 as my second guitar and an EC-200 for my fifth so I knew I was getting a great guitar but didn't know how great until I started plucking the strings and hearing its beautiful clean sounds along with perfect metal crunch. Thanks ESP for another outstanding guitar.

When it comes to reliability this thing is a damn Beast. It has taken a hell of a beating on the road and on stages yet the only problem I've run into is I need a new pick-up selector switch cause I tend to smack these into position and nothing can take that kind of abuse yet I've found the blade types last alot longer. But it has never taken a direct impact to the ground. I hold on to my babies and make sure their never in the wrong hands. Extremely durable and reliable.

With moth of my guitars I have noticed that when they are made they don't put alot of attention on leveling all the frets like the higher models but that's prolly why my 7 string was so much more expensive. But at the same time although this guitar came from the factory with very high action once I brought the bridge down and the low e string is less than 2mm away from the 12th fret and the high e even closer. Close to 1mm. The amazing thing about this guitar is I didn't have to have the frets polished or leveled. They came damn near perfect which you seldom find with a 650 dollar guitar. The finish has got to be some type of epoxy based paint cause I've had it over 5 years and only minor dings and scratches AFTER 5 YEARS!!! This guitar is a BEAST.

I'm doing a review on the ESP LTD EC-500. First things are it has all the usual ESP goodies like a 42mm nut 25.5 inch scale 24 XJ Frets slim you shaped neck, But this comes included with EMG pickups 81B/60N with mother of pearl inlays 3 way Les Paul style selector switch with a gloss black finish with white binding. Set Neck, tune-o-matic bridge and of course the ESP specific model number inlayed at the 12th fret.

fas789
    I'm making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $95 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss. This is what I do, Cloud68dotcom