LTD EX-260 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EX-260

Purchased from: Globemusik DK

I love its sound! really heavy. I'm playing with a Marshall MG100DFX, and DigiTech Hot Head and Death Metal dist pedals. I play a lot of Metallica and it suits it perfect (the reason I've got this is that James Hetfield also is playing on a ESP Explorer). It is a little bit noisy but I've never really noticed.. This guitar can play all styles of music but I don't think it's design suits so many of them. The toneknob is very effective, it can be very bright and dark. With my old guitar (Fender Stratocaster) I couldn't hear any difference when I turned the knob, but I never really liked Fender. So this guitar is great for any style of metal or rock, and it sounds great for the money. Of course you can get a better sounding guitar but that will cost.

I've played guitar for about 5 years (I'm 15 years old) and I'm playing heavy metal and hard rock with my band. I've played some few gigs with it and it was awesome! I love this thing. It works great with my Marshall MG100DFX and DigiTech distortion pedals. If it were stolen I'd probably save up and buy a more expensive model, maybe the Ex-400. If you want a super, heavy axe for serious rock/metal and for a low price, is this the only one for you.

I've had this badass 5 months and it still looks great. But because of it's shiny black finish, it easily get greasy. It is very solid and I would totally depend on it. It won't last forever of course but almost! But there is a little ptoblem. Lately I've noticed that my bridge had something that looked like rust on it. Don't know what it is, but I think it's the silver-kind-a-paint that's falling off, but I can't really see it.

It was set up pretty well. But I've adjusted the pickups. No flaws or anything, it was even in tune when I got it! But when I play a upstroke on the H/B string it kinda make a anoying sound, but it doesn't come through the amp so no worry there, and the pickup Switch is a little loose so it's almost perfect.

This is a nice Explorer from 2006 with agathis body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, and it has 22 extra jumbo frets. It has EMG-ESP LH-300 which is EMG designed. Set neck construction and 24.75" scale. Bridge: Tune-O-Matic w/tailpiece. It also has one vol knob, one tone knob and 3 way toggle. This is a perfect guitar for me! The only thing I don't like perfectly, is that the guitar is pretty heavy, so it can hurt in the shoulders if you play some hours but there's many heavy guitars so it doesn't matter.