LTD EX-260 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EX-260

Purchased from: Craigslist Ad

It is good for metallica covers, Slayer covers. Sounds best for Slayer in my opinion. Clean sound is awesome and sounds really close to the studio recording of metallica's "the thing that should not be" on creepy sounds. Not good in my opinion for tunning lower than C Standard or for extremely heavy sound like death metal.

It was better then my original guitar (behringer strat) And I learn how to play guitar on it so its not the worse I have owned( 5 total so far) I would considered this guitar if you need a better than cheap-o guitar. Its defiantly good enough for Standard tunning playing and learning.

Probably will last live playing. Hardware seems to be ok wear and tear will be the judge on if the hardware will last. Strap buttons are solid. I wouldn't gig without a backup unless this is a Slayer or Metallica cover guitar intended. I think it will last with care.

Action is ok except the high e got buzz after 12 fret and I adjust the Bridge action and intonation and still the same. Not as heavy in weight as most people proclaim. The string separator came undone so I had to use Gorilla glue to get back to the way it post to be.

My ESP LTD EX-260 was made in 2008. Specs are: Agathis body, Rosewood fingerboard, 3 piece maple neck( painted), Dot inlays with model name on 12 fret. 3 Way toggle. ESP pickups( lh-301s I think?) Tune- o matic Bridge with stop tail piece. One volume one tone.