LTD EX-401 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EX-401

Price paid: € 577

Purchased from: thomann.de

I play this axe trough my Line 6 75w amp, I mostly play metal and this guitar suits perfectly for it. It has pretty good clean sound and very nice metal tone. Pickups are not noisy at all, suits perfectly for playing at high volumes. This guitar gives you almost crystal clean clean sound and very nice metal screams.

This guitar has been made for metal and hard rock players so it's smooth to play that kind of music with it. I've been playing over 2 years now, I own also that Ibanez I allready told you before. This guitar would be good for a beginner or pro (maybe too expensive for beginner). If it were stolen I would buy I would buy it again. With this guitar I love those cool pickups and exploder shape. The neck is not as thin as my Ibanez's so its not as easy to shred but what ever:D Maybe it could be better with thinner neck but who knows.

This guitar will absolutely withstand live playing just like my Ibanez RG 1570 both awesome guitar. I don't know how long will hardware last, 'cos I've had this guitar for only few days now, but I think it will last for long time. I didn't try even those original strap buttons because my Ibanez once dropped when I used its original ones so I changed strap locks for it. Because I have 2 guitars I wouldn't gig with it without backup but I would if I wouldn't have 2 guitars. Finish is very great! I have allready banged this guitar few times, and the finish seems like it was new.

Guitar was well set-up, no buzz'es at all. It wasn't at tune when I got it, but it was delievered in +30'c degrees for about 1000 kilometres. Pickups didn't rock my hands, so they was set up well. There was nothing wrong with Top or Bridge. There was no flaws in that guitar when i got it and there is not any flaws now either.

ESP LTD EX - 401, a hell of a guitar. It has rosewood fretboard wich has 22 frets, 3 piece maple neck, exploder shaped mahogany body, Tune- O- Matic bridge, active electronics, EMG 81 and 60 humbuckers, 1 volume and 1 tone knob, 3-way selector, non locking tuners. No accessories.

neoamir
    YOU CAN'T WRITE A REVIEW ONLY AFTER A FEW DAYS! CAN'T ANYONE GET IT? when we rea a review we want an objective way of writing, and we want to know the pros and cons of the guitar. you obviously can't do all that after a week or so.
    Hevosmies
    Tyler Durden wrote: everthing about this review is terrible
    O rly?
    orince
    Greatest looking guitar in ze world.. even the head screams awesomeness
    zzhi63
    In this New Year occasion, a buy to open its online activities, where the order of more than 200 U.S. dollars, have a gift bask (=== http://www.bingshop.us/ =====) free shipping accept the paypal Best quality, Best reputation , Best services === http://www.bingshop.us/ ===== === http://www.bingshop.us/ ===== jordan air max oakland raiders $3439; Ed Hardy AF JUICY POLO Bikini $25; Christan Audigier BIKINI JACKET $25; coach chanel gucci LV handbags $36; coogi DG edhardy gucci t-shirts $18; === http://www.bingshop.us/ ===== === http://www.bingshop.us/ =====
    evan-simpson22
    ok now every body calm down CALM DOWN... ok maybe this review is a little bunk.. ok some things here are quite unbelievably bunk, but if you hate the review, buzz off and check another website for a different review from somebody who, i dont know... has owned the guitar for more than a "few days" and been playing more than "2 years" That is all
    TheAbsentOne
    Petar wrote: Yea, I agree with you Yoyo. Absent one, Spiders ARE crap, but it doesnt affect the sound of guitar that much. IMO they do sound like crap, like an MP3 recording, but you can still hear the tone of guitar. Alas, Yoyo, the "guitar made for metal" comment is exact. As I see it, in these reviews, there are two kinds of guitars: "made for metal" and "everything else, but not for metal". There ARE more sounds. You dont make a guitar only for metal, you make it so it would sound good. Comment on the tone of guitar, not what you think it was made for. I mean, come on guys.
    Every guitar you run through a Spider in my personal experience sounds the same.. This ranges from Squire starter strats to Gibsons, and Schecters, LTD's, etc.. It just comes out the jumbled digital tone that all Spiders are known for...
    espplayer400
    RyanMetalMatthe wrote: This dumb ass thing shouldn't exist. EXP for life.
    I couldnt agree more. Damn Gibson and their legal B.S.
    Mr_CiNiC
    7.6 = shenanigans..? Playing this right now, had it for a year and a half at least. It's awesome. God... OMG IT NAWT LES PAWL BURN WIF FIYAH
    tume
    Eskil Rask wrote: Hevosmies wrote: Black Tide wrote: 2 problems. you cant review if you've only had the guitar for a couple of days, and your spelling sucks monkey dick. It distracts from the review and makes me unsure as to whether or not I should take it seriously. UG should edit these a little since it takes so long to approve them... Everybody doesnt born in U.S.A or any country where english is the main language. Tyler Durden wrote: everthing about this review is terrible O rly? you see, if you aren't good enough at english to write a bloody review, then why the hell even attempt to do it? also, english is not the main language in my country, and i'm doing just fine. so that argument is invalid unless you aren't taught english at all in school.
    But Were you as fine as now when you were 15?
    Jsteele1408
    Hevosmies wrote: Joowst wrote: really bad review, really good guitar. such a shame. Write a better one by your self
    I'm sure he could write a better one.
    Hevosmies wrote: Everybody doesnt born in U.S.A or any country where english is the main language.
    You're completely right. Then again, those people probably shouldn't try to write a review on an English-speaking website without brushing up a bit first. Besides, the grammar and spellcheck functions on most basic word processors would have fixed 90% of the problems in this review. 2 simple clicks was all it took for the review to seem somewhat legitimate.
    Eskil Rask
    Hevosmies
    Joowst wrote: really bad review, really good guitar. such a shame.
    Write a better one by your self
    Yoyo Of Death
    god i hate it when people write reviews after only having the guitar for a few days, i dont think it should get a 9 for reliability and durability, what happens if the guitar dies tomorrow? BTW the guitar shape is explorer not exploder. Im assuming your german because of the domain of the website you bought it off which probably explains the bad grammar i guess im probably wasting my time ranting on about this but i think some constructive criticism might help. My advice is actually keep the guitar for at least a year before reviewing it, search harder for flaws, its incredibly rare that any guitar is without flaws. List what music you listen to and refer to bands and or genre of music they fall into. Be more comprehensive on how the guitar sounds, "its perfect for metal" is not a valid comment, there are dozens upon dozens of sub-genres in metal that all don different characteristics, guitar tone is one of them, saying a guitar sounds good for metal could hypothetically be telling one of your readers that its good for glam metal, while at the same time it could be used for drone metal or anything else that falls under the umbrella of metal. Ill finish up by saying you need more experience in the field of guitars, 2 years just doesnt cut it for me, your naivety ultimately has let this review down. Im not saying your a bad guitarist or anything like that, just that your skills as a reviewer are lacking
    FuruiShin
    Oh c'mon ppl stop complain... u can't stand that esp's are really good or something? This guitar is amazing for metal stuff... but they should come up with 24 fret version with floyd rose. Only ltd's like that are avaintable but quite rare :S.
    Black Tide
    bassthunder
    Good god, does nobody actually proofread their reviews before posting them? Even just a spell-check would be better than nothing. Also, you can't accurately review a guitar if you've only owned it for a few days. So stop it.
    PlayFreebirdNow
    I have allready banged this guitar few times
    This was the part of the review that I enjoyed. The rest was quite bad.
    xanubisx
    first off this review is horrible. This is a great guitar my friend has one and i have played it a few times. it plays just like my LTD EC-500 so if you want to read a proper review look up the EC-500 only major difference is that the set neck heal is smooth, the frets are dots and the body shape.
    tume
    WarriorArtist94 wrote: The guitar you're reviewing is now the LTD 360, and has been for a few months now. Bad review of THE WRONG GUITAR.
    Do you mean the picture? 'cos i havent chosen it.
    WarriorArtist94
    tume
    you dont need to read this review if it is so suck and btw my guitar is still alive.
    Petar