LTD EX-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EX-50

Purchased from: Sound & Entertainment

This guitar totally suits me, I play a lot of my own material which is influenced by everything from AC/DC to Megadeth, to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, even some ZZ Top. I play it through a DigiTech Grunge pedal, and a Marshall MG series amp. It takes high gain fairly well, this babys a squeal machine. Its clean tone is just wow, & it seems to only get better with some distortion, very clear and full.

My overall impress of this guitar is, its freakin incredible! It's got stunning good looks with a comfortable shape, everything on it is good to my standards. I would suggest you take a look at ESP guitars, for they are amazing my friends!

I've had the guitar for bout 5 months now & I have no problems, it's very durable, dependable. Also the strap pegs are very solid, I invested in strap locks just incase, I wouldnt want any damage to come to my baby u know. I don't have a band to gig with yet, but I would definitely use this as my main guitar. I would never do a show without a backup guitar because no matter how kickass your guitar may be, theres always the possibility of somebody tampering with it, or a shitty road crew or anything.

The guitar was in perfect set up, no flaws what so ever. Only thing I would suggest is to adjust the pole peices in your pickups according to what you want, wether it be the way the factory made it, smooth n warm, or nice n crunchy.

The EX-50 I got a couple months ago has been just amazing to me. It's a '05 model, only factory made but god bless that factory! An agathis body, rosewood fretboard, ESP humbuckers. For the price I got an amazing tone, a little bit of tampering with the pole peices on the pickups & it was perfect. Nice slim neck which fits perfectly into my hand, and its so fast, the action it was set to is perfect. Tune-O-Matic bridge, black hardware etc. Unlike a lot of guitars the tone knob actually made a big difference depending on how I had it set, wether it be a nice warm, smooth solo sound, or a fat chunky rhythm sound. Overall I think this guitar is amazing, and for only $350 people, like c'mon ESP is spoiling us with this guitar.