LTD EX-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EX-50

Purchased from: Zzounds.com

I plugged the new guitar in and it sounded excellent. Just the quality of the sound was great. I play a lot of metal and shred, so the guitar was perfect for it. The feedback there was none, but that's most likely my amp. I'm currently using guitar port and/or a few Dunlop pedals which makes it sound so clear. The only thing I didn't like was that it didn't have a tremolo system on it stock.

I play metal and shred, talked about above. The guitar was a perfect match for it, the sound, the style, everything. I've been playing for 1 year now, yes it's unbelievable but I can shred. I own a few Dunlop pedals and guitar port, but going to buy more accessories eventually. I wish I had a tremolo package on it. But I can deal without having it. I would definitely buy the same brand (ESP), but upgrade to a higher version/higher quality of the EX series.

The guitar is great, I am definitely going to use it in a gig. Except I will bring a backup just in case the guitar gets broken traveling there. But in a gig, I don't think it'd screw up. The hardware was on there great, the body, like I said above, I imagine that if it got hit hard enough the corner would break off. Everything was secure on it. The strings weren't exactly in tune a half a note off, but I imagine that it's for delivery purposes.

I got the guitar, I was pretty upset that UPS packed the guitar box into a package that it didn't even 100% fit in. It could have been cushioned up a little better, but there were no flaws with it. I'm not 100% sure about the body yet, as it feels like the corner could snap off it you banged it up against something, but hopefully I won't find out.

The features on the guitar can be found at the link above. It had the 3-way toggle which was great. Except you can only hear the changes on certain tones. No whammy bar, which was sad to find out about it. But, I'm over it already.