LTD EX-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EX-50

Purchased from: Rowlands music, Swansea

I play Metal / Heavy Metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Slayer etc.) and this guitar is good for it! I use it with a HT-5 mini stack and a ZW-45 pedal. This guitar sounds great with both in my opinion! If you turn the volume up on the amp on the ditortion channel (By 'up' I mean about 12 o'clock) you can hear a tiny bit of fizz but I think that's normal. I still have the stock pickups even after 2 years because In my opinion they sound quite good! Pinch harmonics are quite easy to do. The pickups do sound a bit 'weak'. The cleans are OK but not the best.

I play Metal and heavy and this guitar suits it quite well! I have been playing for about 4 years. If it were stolen or lost, first, I would get the insurance company to give me a new one! Nah but if it were stolen and I couldn't get it back I would probably buy a different guitar since I have it so long! I hate that it is a dirt magnet but I like the feel of the neck and in my opinion it's quite nice. I haven't playd many guitars but this is the nicest I have played. I think I compared it to a v-500 (it was about 500 whatever it was) and I chose this because Firstly, I could afford the v and second, I couldn't sit down with it as I have never played one before!

I think that this guitar would withstand live playing. I have never played a gig before but I would trust this guitar! Ican't really give a credible realiability review. I have never tryed he strap buttons as the shop offered me a free set of locking ones with free fitting. The finish is very good in my opinion. On mine, the guitar has no scratches or dings even after about 2 years! I always look after it!

I didn't really play it much before they set it up for me but from what I remember, I think the action was ok, maybe a bit high. There is a bit of buzzing on the neck. I haven't fiddled with the pickups because I think they sound good where they are. The pickup selector is a bit loose and the volume and tone are aswell. Not so loose that they turn when playing but they feel a bit loose. The tuner for the low E string is a bit loose when down-tuning but then tightens up when you tune it up. All the rest seem tight. The piano black finish is very easy to get dirty. Lots of fingermarks and dust! Whenever I change the strings I always plish the guitar and neck to keep it feeling and looking good!

I think it was made in Korea. * Bolt-On Construction * 24.75" Scale * Basswood Body * Maple Neck * Rosewood Fingerboard * 42mm Standard Nut * Thin U Neck Contour * 22 XJ Frets * Chrome Hardware * ESP Tuners * TOM Bridge & Tailpiece - ESP LH-150 (B & N) p.u. (Passive) - 1 vol, 1 tone, three way Switch selctor Had a deal with the shop so they threw in a couple of cables, strap, tuner and lowered and set up the guitar for free.