LTD EX-50 review by ESP

• Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
ESP: LTD EX-50

Purchased from: Samash Music

I got this for my birthday, in the middle of july 2006. At first I actually liked this guitar, but when I started to take it to band practice, and play it at a high volume it was terrible! It's a feedback magnet, I've played it through my Marshall Valvestate Halfstack and A Crate XT120R. The sound at low volume isn't all that bad but could be a lot better. LTD are ripoffs. I played metalcore, and it was okay but once I got the volume passed 4 it was terrible. it doesn't have much viearity of sounds, it sound muffled. I can see why because of the cheap, ESP LH100 humbucker "pickups".

I've been playing metal, and it's an okay match at low volumes. I wouldn't recomend it for live performance. my 150 dollar Ibanez GAX70 is way better than this POS. 2 months after july 2006 I ended up selling it to my bassist Who also plays guitar. Now I have an Ibanez RG350DX, Schecter Damien FR, Jackson RR3 Pro Series, and a Hamer XT S/F, and their alll a lot better than this. I wish I would have tested this with a halfstack before I got it. Such a waste of money. I hate everything about this amp, I wish it had better wood body, tuners, better neck, cooler inlays, better pickups, In other words, just another guitar that isn't an LTD. If it were stolen I would not buy this again, seriously. to me this guitar isn't worth its price, and should be sold at the most $100 US Dollars.

I've gigged with this guitar once, notice I'm saying "once". It did fine then. The guitar got scrathed a lot because of my belt, and was very noticable. A month and a half since I bouth the EX50 the unthinkable happened. The strap button ripped off when I was at band practice and my guitar fell! I wouldn't depend on it at all after that happened. The finish is okay, but I would recomend a better guitar.

When I opened the box and took out the guitar, it was set up to play already. For the first month everything seemed fine. The action was too high though, and had to get it adjusted. The guitar came free of flaws and and okay. The guitar got out of tune every single time I played it. The hardware wasn't going to last at all. The pickups are terrible and will take you to feedback mountain (means it will give you lot's of feedback).

This LTD EX style electric guitars have become a favorite among metal heads. The EX50 model comes loaded with two burnin' cheap ESP LH-100 humbucker pickups. Features: bolt-on construction; a heavy agathis body; maple neck with rosewood fingerboard; dot inlays with model name at the 12th fret; volume and tone controls; 3-way switch; black hardware; TOM-style bridge with stop tailpiece; 22XJ frets. Case not included. It has non locking tuners, ltd tuning pegs and gets out of tune everytime I play it. I ended up selling this "guitar" to my friend, 2 months after I got it. I barely got 125 dollars of almost 2 months used.