LTD EX-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EX-50

Purchased from: guitar center

I am a straight up metal head and this guitar suits this genre of music perfetly, when you crank up the gain this sucker roars, squeals, and growls like a beast. It also gets an amazing clean tone for all your haunting ballads and even blues licks. Through a beringer Vamp2 on L2 death metal setting you will get the best tone for everything from death metal to hard rock. It also delivers in the harmonics to, this baby squeals like nothing before it could, it completly blows my Strat out of the water. The neck is thin and I have found myself playing better and faster with this guitar.

This guitar was made to the metalhead on a budget, for the last 2 and a half years I have relied on my fender, no more, ESP lives up to its hype of making kick ass guitars with sweet looks and Killer tones. If I lost this guitar I would buy the exact same model ASAP. You wouldn't catch me dead with another guitar anytime soon. I wish I had EMGs but I can swap them any time I want. If you play any form of metal or hard rock, this is the guiar for you.

I would use this guitar for gigs easily, only swaping to swap tunings, you could shoot this guitar and it would still last. And with my new strap this guitar stays where I want it to and goes where I tell it. I have played this bad boy for the last 3 days non stop. Though I'm not going to test its durability anytime soon, I'm sure it can take a beating, cause it dishes one out.

I got this guitar used so normaly there are problems, none at all. Some of the frets buzzed a little, but I rose the action a little and I havn't had a problem. The bridge pick up feeds back on high volumes, but its the good feedback not a squeal that will have dogs running away and ears bleeding.

I have always been atracted to Explorer shaped guitars, I just recently purchesed this guitar used and I am amazed. Its a relitivly simple guitar, 22 frets, thin neck, fixed bridge, one volume, one tone, 3 way selector. The pick ups are alright, I'm going to spice things up with some EMGs, but you really wouldn't need to. The Gun gray finish screams Metal. Though I wish I had 2 more frets but its not a big concern al the moment. This guitar will not go out of tune no matter how hard you play it. ESP knows how to make tuners and I would never swap them.