LTD EX-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EX-50

Purchased from: Davis Guitar

I play metal and it seems to suit me perfectly! It sounds great, nice and clear, the cleans lack a little but I expect nothing less from a guitar of this budget. I feel it has a great distortion input compared to other budget guitars. I want to change them out for EMGs just because the ESP pickups don't suit me.

This definatley suits the metal genre. I've had it for almost two years and If I lost it I would most likely not buy it again due to the fact that I have a better guitar now but its a great budget guitar. I like everything about it except the strap buttons, they cause the guitar to be top heavy and the guitar begins to dive but I am sure this could be fixed by attaching a new strap button. I'll give it an 8 just because the guitar began to tip.

This guitar does withstand live playing just by the feel of it. I would definately use this without a backup if I had no choice, I always bring a spare just incase. The finish is nice and thick, I have dropped it once on a marble edge and only a small chip of paint came off, if it was something more expensive I would of expected it to damage the wood.

Everything was set up perfectly as it. Zero flaws when coming from the factory.

- Made in 2007, indonesia - 22 frets - basswood body - maple neck - contoured bolt on joint - 3 way pickup selector - rosewood fingerboard - ESP pickups - Polyutherane finish

Simple Jack
    ^ what rv_phoenix said. Spot on. I think a custom Carvin will be my next guitar. Awesome quality with a trimmed down price.
    Simple Jack
    Oh and one more thing ... while I respect the notion of changing pickups, something I've done in the past, I'd argue there's little point with this. Not no point, just little point. Unless you're going to be playing this for a while (prob not if you're just starting out) forget the notion of changing them. Put your pennies towards an intermediate / advanced level guitar.