LTD F-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-100FM

SOUND: *I play a lil' bit of everything, and with a good amp this guitar will play any kind of music, with some cheap $50 amp though it won't play much more than hard rock-metal. I use a Line6 Spider IV and this guitar with it sounds better than any other guitar I've at least played. The treble issue that most people complain about with ESP guitars, really isn't all that bad, but it doesn't do as well as gibson, or Fender with a clean sound.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: *This guitar is great for any hobbyist who would invest in a good amplifier, otherwise it's strictly rock or metal. *I've only been playing guitar for a little over a year, but I've been around music most of my life, and play a few other instuments. (Baratone, trumpet, and I play piano a little.) *If it were stolen, or lost, then heck no I wouldn't buy the same guitar again I'd either buy an ESP/LTD Eclipse, or a Fender Stratocaster. *I compared this guitar to another LTD like kirk hemmet of metallica uses and the only difference was the other guitar had a floyd rose. I chose this one becuase of it's awsome design. *I wouldn't argue with adding a floyd rose, an a set of EMG pick ups. *For any active musician I recommend a Fender or Gibson for an overall sound, but for just the music intended for this guitar, a real ESP, (not LTD), or a higher dollar Jackson would be a better way to go.

RELIABILITY & DURABILITY: *It wouldn't be my first choice for live playing, but it is dependable. The hardware (rather than the guitars finish) I know will last. The fretboard though makes it extremely difficult (at least for me) to play form 1 minor bar chords.

ACTION, FIT, & FINISH: *Not a flaw, the guitar was exactly the way it should be when I got it no adjustments necessary. *The pickups were adjusted perfectly. *Bridge was where it should be. *Properly bookmatched top. *Not one flaw. *The guys at the store may have adjusted it, so I don't know abouted buying it off the internet, then it's just however the factory has it set up. But when I bought it, it was set up perfect.

FEATURES: *Made in China in 2009. *24 fret, rosewood, thin. *black satin finish. *String-thru. *Volume, tone, and toggle. *ESP double humbuckers. *non-locking ESP tuners. My only complaint is that the finish is easy to scratch. *Design is similar to one of slayers basses.