LTD F-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-100FM

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I play hard rock, metal, light rock, classical, it's pretty good in most areas. Mostly I'm just playing clean and distorted. Nothing special. The pickups are good, not great. All I have is crappy practice amps, but I had the chance to plug into a Peavey. It sounded great. I'd say that it suits most types of music, but is meant for hard stuff.

ESP's are put together very well. I know my next guitar will come from them. But as far as this one goes, it's all looks. You can get the same guitar for cheaper. The LTD F-50 is the same guitar. The stats are all the same. The F-100FM just has the flamed maple finish. So you pay $70 more for a pretty guitar. That doesn't mean this isn't a good guitar. It is a great guitar, but you can get the same body, sound and feel for $225 instead of $295. I didn't mind cause I got a discount. I ended up paying $5 less for the F-100FM. But it's all up to you. I wouldn't have bought it if it was all looks and it is a mean looking guitar, but it is a quality instrument. If you want an ESP, this is a good place to start. I've been playing for about 2 years, and this is my second electric guitar. I couldn't be happier.

I think this guitar would be very relieable live. Everything seems built to last. The strap I put on it (PlanetWaves) has not come off once since I put it on the guitar when I got it back in August. I don't think there is a problem there. I don't think you would have to bring a back up, but it would be a good idea to be prepared no matter what guitar you depend on. You never know.

I think that it was set up pretty well. I did have one problem (buzzing of the first and second strings at the 1st fret), but all I had to do was mess with the trus rod and now its fine. The pickups are good, but my original plan has to Switch them out for something else later on. I don't think I'll need to anytime soon. The other review talked about alot of problems I didn't have and I'm sure not too many others have. Bad luck, don't let that deture you from looking at this guitar. Also, I'd just like to add that if you go from a low tuning to standard you are asking to break a string, it is not a flaw in the guitar itself. I think that would happen with any guitar. I'm tuned down 1 1/2 steps down (C#). I won't break a string just to play in standard. I just move up a few frets.