LTD F-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-100FM

This guitar is obviously built for heavier rock, which is what I use it for. I only use a Fender G-DEC amplifier with it. It doesn't make very much noise. It's quieter than my other guitars. It has a "punch in the crunch", but clean, it only sounds decent. I've heard countless people say that it sounds much better if you install some EMGs. I may take a little cruise down that road myself.

I've been playing for a few years now. This is a great guitar for someone Who plays heavy rock. I also own an Epiphone SG Special, and a Jackson JS30KV. If this guitar was stolen from me, I would either buy something from the MH series instead, or try a different brand altogether. My favorite thing about this guitar is the shape. It's incredibly pleasing to the eye. I just wish it sounded better clean.

I don't play Live, so I can't say from personal experience, whether it can withstand Live playing or not. I've heard some people say they use it as a backup, though. It seems like it will last a while if you take care of it. You may want to have a backup just in case.

I'm not much of a mechanic, so I rely on professionals to repair/adjust my guitars for now. The luthier at the local shop did some adjusting to it, but I'm getting some fret buzz on the G and D strings. There's also a little scrape near the pickup selector.

The LTD F-100FM was made in China. It has 24 jumbo frets, with the model name on the 12th fret. The scale is 25.5''. It has a basswood body, with a maple neck, and a rosewood fretboard. The flamed maple top with a see-thru black finish, makes the guitar very pleasing to the eye. It has a tune-o-matic bridge with string-thru body. The pickups are ESP LH-150 humbuckers, and the hardware is black nickel.