LTD F-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-100FM

Price paid: € 300

Purchased from: Muziker

I play mostly metal and rock music, but it suits punk and hard rock as well.I plug it into my Crate Flexwave 120Watt amp and I don't use any pedals usually. Pickups have almost no noise and they are powerful, I changed bridge pickup for SD Sh-11 because it sounded little bit cheap, but for neck it works perfect. Guitar has nice warm tone due to rosewood neck and maple body, but on the other side it is a bit muddy and too bassy in some cases. But for any metal its OK. My teacher played jazz and rock with it and said its very good guitar when you compare price to quality.

Overall it is very good guitar suitable for more genres but preferably for metal and rock. Its my second guitar and I'm planning to buy another LTD (LTD-250), I need Floyd Rose. But I will keep this guitar because of great possibility for different tuning.If it were stolen I would kill those guys and definetely buy it again. I admire it look and good quality for affordable price. I needed 24 frets and you can't get that in other guitars for this price.

I played guitar live few times and it never let me down. It seems that the hardware will last for very long period and if you take care of it will last propably forever. LTD despite their lower price are generally well made. It happened only once that strap came off the button, but the strap was reversed and I was holding only strap. It fell down from 1 metre and nothing happened.I think you don't need any backup guitar. Only bad thing about live gigs is that it looks purple instead of black sometimes :)

I wish it could have lower action like Fenders do, but thats nothing what you should be concerned about. Clean sound is really nice and crisp, just the way I like it.It needed some set up before it was perfect. I play often 2 tones down and it has no fret buzz. The tuners are actually very very good. I change tuning from Standard to one step down and back every day or sometimes more times per day and it holds tuning like hell. The neck has no bad side, it has Dot inlas and model name on 12th fret. Sometimes I have problem with toogle switch, but just push with more power and its fine.

I've been playing this guitar for about two years already.It was made in Indonesia. I purchased it before it was discounted. I was looking for something affordable with 24 rosewood frets. When I first saw this guitar I fell in love with it and decided to buy one asap. It has marvelous shape with see-thru black maple on aghatis body. It comes with black nickel Tune-o-matic, strings thru body, ESP LH 150 pickups and 3-way toogle.