LTD F-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-100FM

Purchased from: A friend

I play mostly metal, from the most classic (Iron Maiden, Riot, Judas Priest, Motorhead) to the more extreme (Kreator, Children Of Bodom, Death, The Black Dahlia Murder). From the beginning the guitar was adjusted to my style and my sound. I have already used various types of amplifiers as the Marshall MG100 and a 30w Laney hardcore series and some multi-fx units like the DigiTech RP355 and a couple of metal distortions (the EHX Metal Muff and the Boss Metal Zone), it's clean sound is also remarkable. The only thing I liked was that the stock pickups did not handle well the mids, or at least to my tastes that was the reason why I decided to change their passive pickups for EMGs, but let's face it, EMG can make any pickups look bad.

As I said earlier, mine is metal and this guitar fits the metal! I have already been playing for 6 years, and in spite of being a low range guitar I think is a tremendous instrument good construction, good materials, something I would criticize is their stock pickups but hey, for only 250 $ this guitar many others kick in the nuts! Before I owned several guitars, I used to have a Ephiphone Les Paul Special, and a Ibanez GRG270, the LTD F100FM is more comfortable and its design is more my style. If I have to choose something I love about this guitar that must be it's Reliability and design and It's a Great Guitar if I lost it or it gets stolen I am pretty sure I would buy it again.

I think you can play live with this guitar without any problem, me and accompanied me to 10 gigs (7 as my main guitar) and have not had any major drawback. I already I have almost two years with it and its hardwares are still intact, the finish still looks pretty good, but it is appreciated the use of the guitar, I'm not really a big fan of the strap buttons because I have a good quality strap, even so the guitar tends to release, I haven't dropped it and luckily it never happened in a gig but still something I would like to correct.

Since the purchase the guitar was well set, just made ​​a couple of adjustments to the string height and tension, since the guitar was calibrated for tuning in E and most of the song that I play are in D tuning or below, but besides that I don't think it gave me any other problem. The stock pickups where well adjusted. Another think I did with the guitar system was that when I change the pickups I did change the cable system of the pickup selector. The only flaw was that it brought the guitar volume knob was loose since the purchase but was not a bad to die for.

Manufactured in China, it has 24 frets, 25.5" scale, Tune-O-Matic bridge with string-thru body, ESP/LTD always as been known for making guitars for metalheads and the "F" model is not an exception besides that it has a flamed top in black finish made agathis, the fretboard is made of rosewood and the neck is made of maple. When I bought it had its stock passive pickups a couple of ESP LH 150 humbuckers (today I have it with EMG 81/85) a volume pot, a tone pot and one 3-way selector the hardware is black nickel.