LTD F-2005 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-2005

Purchased from: Steve

This guitar suites my style of playing very well. I play heavy metal, death metal, rap-metal and metalcore. I use a Cube 30 (which is more powerful than you think) and the distortion I use is incredible, I use the Uber Metal distortion pedal by Line 6. The EMG 81's guitar such a great distorted and clean sound. The pickups are very clear and make every note worth playing. Truly amasing.

Like I said earlier this guitar suites my style of play very well. I have been playing for more than a year now and I have played several guitars (Ibanezs, BC Richs, Washburns, Gibsons, Yamahas, Charvels) and this guitar still has the nicest feel. If this guitar was stolen I'd hunt down that guitar for sure. I don't hate anything about the guitar. I love everything about it. Go out there and get this guitar before they stop making because they are only here for a limited time only.

This guitar would withstand live playing for sure. The hardware is very strong and sturdy. The strap bottons are very solid and your guitar strap locks right into. I could depend on this guitar for sure for gigs. The finish will stay nice as long as you keep in in good clean hands. If you don't touch the body too often you'll have no problem with the finish but if you do you'll needa clean it alot.

When I first bought this guitar I immediatly asked the salesman at the store if they could arrange the neck and put on some heavier strings for my style of guitar playing (Drop B). I can't really tell you how it was out of the factory because mine had to go through some minor ajustments. When I got it back everything was in perfect order, the action was low and fast, the pickups were at a great level to transmit great output. There was absulutly nothing wrong with the guitar when I got home and played it.

The guitar is a limited edition. ESP is celebration their 30 anniversary so they decided to make a line of guitars and basses. The guitar has 24 XJ frets. The neck scale is 25. 5". The neck is maple and the fingerboard is ebony. The body is mahogany wood. All the anniversary guitar/basses only come in one colour, and that is black satin. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge with string-through body. The pickups are EMG dual 81's (actives). There are 2 knobs, one is the volume knob and the other is the tone knob. The guitar features a 3-way pickup toggle. The tunners are non-locking (you don't need locking because then it disables you to change tuning fast)and they are made by Grover. All the hardware is black. Beautiful.

jerm__
    this guitar is amazing, i own one and you can definalty not go wrong if you purchase one
    musicissick
    hey awesome guitar you got i have a piece of crap at the moment but i'm upgradin to one these in about a month. looks awesome
    Jimmmy
    Had this guitar for about 9 months now, and I love it! The only thing that sort of gave me a hard time is that the neck is way thicker than my old Ibanez RGX. This is an old model in particular (2005,duh)But I'd look into one if I were you. The F-400 model is very similar and could be a good alternative in case these run out.
    aceforce
    Mine has a bit of fret buzz on the low frets... Very annoying if you for example palm mute the 2nd fret e- string in master of puppets and you get a nasty little buzz noise with it