LTD F-2005 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-2005

I play predominantly metal, ranging from heavy to just plain brutal. This guitar suits my style of playing perfectly. It's no secret that the guitar is geared towards metal on a whole, but it can definitely play other styles without a problem. The EMG 81 pickups are simply awesome for those nice, lead tones but have no trouble providing thick and heavy grunt either. The response and clarity from these pickups won't disappoint, the sustain is great.

I've been playing guitar for around 8 years and, like I mentioned earlier, I play mostly metal. This is the ideal guitar for it. It's so fast to play and the top fret access is excellent. Anyone Who has seen an F series ESP knows how awesome these guitars look and the black satin finish takes it one step further. If it was lost or stolen I would probably get an ESP F-STD FR. The only thing I don't like about this guitar is the little graphic on the headstock, they should have kept it simple.

This guitar hasn't been gigged but I haven't stopped playing it since I brought it home from the store. I have had no problems at all. It does what I want it to do, and I am confident it is going to last me for as long as I let it. Everything feels solid and it looks great. If you're worried about the satin finish being ruined easily, don't sweat it. Take care of your guitar and don't play like a retard and it'll be fine. The strings are quite high off the body so pick scratches shouldn't be an issue.

I got this guitar a few weeks ago and haven't changed anything with the setup at all, I haven't felt compelled to. It played like a beast from the moment I took it out of the box. The action is perfectly fine, very fast! I haven't found any flaws at all. The satin finish looks bloody awesome.

The F-2005 is LTD's 30th Anniversary model of the F series and was made in Korea. The features have already been mentioned in other reviews but I'll go through them again. The guitar is on a 25.5" scale with 24 XJ frets. The bridge is a Tune-O-Matic with string thru body. The body is made of mahogony, the neck of maple, and of course the awesome fretboard of ebony. It comes loaded with two EMG 81 active pickups. You get a volume and tone control, with a 3-way pickup switch which is all you need. The construction is set-thru. The guitar is finished in wicked looking 'black satin' with a 30th Anniversary inlay on the fretboard. Additional features include Grover tuners and an Earvana compensated nut. This is a limited edition however has since been replaced by the F-500 in 2006, with the only difference being it doesn't have the 30th Anniversary inlay.