LTD F-2005 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-2005

Purchased from: Ebay

I play mostly Metalcore, Deathcore, and Melodic Death Metal and this guitar suits it perfectly. The EMG's give a nice sharp biting lead tone but can also give a deep crunchy rhythm tone. I'm using a Fender FM65R with it (that I'm replacing soon), and no pedals. The guitar is not noisy at all. Can be dead silent if your not playing anything. It's got a great tone. I'm not really sure how to describe it. But it's a very nice and dark metal tone. I've tried playing the guitar on clean a bit, and that's where it falls. Emg's are obviously not the best pick ups for cleans, but then again. If your buying this guitar, your probably not thinking about cleans.

I love this guitar for metal, the tones it produces are priceless and the pinches on this thing are legendary. I've been playing for about a year and I feel unworthy of this guitar, but I play this thing so much that soon enough me and it will be best friends. If it were stolen, I would go crazy. I probably wouldn't but another one. I'd probably buy an EC-1000 just for the fact that it has the same hardware but with an 85 in the bridge and a killswitch and I love the les paul body shape. I compared it to the entire ESP line, Schecters, Washburns, Ibanez, and Epiphones and all of them fell short. If there were one thing I wish this guitar had it would be a killswitch. I play a lot of music where that would come in handy and well, I might add one in myself later on down the road. Point is. This is an amazing guitar and I LOVE this thing. The action is tight, it's beautiful, and the tone is godly. What more could you ask for?

This guitar could definitely handle a few shows, and even a tour if your up for it. The hardware seems solid and the strap buttons are tight. You could depend on this guitar very easily (just make sure you have a 9v battery for the EMG's just in case). But I would never gig with a back up. The finish seems great, but I wouldn't go around doing guitar flips and dropping this thing. Obviously that'd ruin it.

The guitar was set up perfectly when I bought. The action was incredibly low. The picks ups were a tad high for my preference, but nothing to freak out over. The Finish was fantastic, breathtaking in fact. The guitar didn't contain any flaws and the electronics seem very stable. I love the little locking mechanism it has near the input because it holds the input in place amazingly well.

This guitar is one of the 30th anniversary ESP models produced in 2005. It has 24 jumbo frets. It is made out of Mahogany. The Finish is a matte black, and it is absolutely gorgeous. The body style is incredibly comfortable and is very much like a Stratocaster. This guitar is incredibly light. I can barely feel it when it's on a strap and I'm not holding it. It is a string through bridge. It has a Set Thru neck, which is incredibly nice for access to the higher frets. It has dual Active EMG 81's. It has grover tuners and they hold tune for forever. Mine came with an F series fit ESP hard case.