LTD F-2005 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-2005

Purchased from: Internets

The guitar suits my style of playing very good. Actually there is nothing I play that doesn't work with this guitar. It is very quiet, depending on amp it can be dead silent. On my amp it is a bit noisy, but it only gets bad if the tone knob is turned all the way up. Both the clean and distorted sound is amazing.

My style of music is metal and hard rock. I have been playing for 3 years, this is my second guitar. If it was stolen tomorrow, I would buy another one without hesitation. But after a few years I'll buy a more expensive guitar. What I love the most about this geetar is the body shape, headstock, overall appearance. The only thing I hate is sometimes the upper "horn" pokes my ribs while leaning over the guitar to concentrate on my fretting hand. But this is only when I practice new shit. The bottom horn on my thigh don't bother me. Sometimes I wish it had a Floyd Rose. But I wouldn't trade it with the guitar's already great reliability.

This guitar will most certainly withstand live playing. It stays in tune like any other high end guitar. At first the nut needs some running in and it will settle. The only low point worth noting of this guitar is the satin black finish. I've played it for about 3 weeks now and the areas that rub agaisnt my body have already started to get glossy. I'm considering to give it a full body polish.

The guitar came with very low action. (low e string, about 1.5mm clearance over 12th fret). It feels great to play, I have to be more careful with my touch so I don't sound unwanted notes. There is only a little fret buzz but with the right picking technique it's almost not worth thinking about. I would say the bridge is routed properly as the intonation is perfect on all strings. When I tuned it in the start the intonation came out a bit flat, but as the strings stretched it evened out. The only thing about the finish is that the surface is a little "textured" if you look closely but for a guitar at this price it is tolerable.

This guitar was made in Korea in between 2005-7007 (lol). Body style is a Strat style with ESP's "forest" design. It looks killer. The bridge is a tuneomatic with string-through body construction. It has a satin black finish all over. Earvana compensated nut. All black hardware. The pickup configuration and controls is similar to just about all guitars with dual EMG81's. 1 volume, 1 tone and a 3-way pickup selector. The tuners are from Grover.