LTD F-2005 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-2005

Purchased from: Billy hyde Music

It's an ESP, therefore it's built for heavy music. I play thrash mainly (Metallica, iced earth, Slayer) and it's brilliant. the pickups are perfect for what I need and even though I used a Roland Cube 60 atm, I've played this on dual rectifiers and laneys (like the VH100R that I want) and it pounds out killer tone. Sustain is great and harmonics are a cinch to play. Even playing clean I'm still happy with it, so long as I turn down/tweak the tone, otherwise it's very twangy with no warmth.

By Thor, the bastard you even looks at my LTD the wrong way will die a slow and painful death. I feel guilty leaving my guitar out of the case sometimes I love it so much. If the F-2005 had a Floyd Rose and a less scratchable finish (despite its awesomeness) it would be my perfect guitar. However it comes damn close. I almost wish no-one else would buy one so I coudl say I'm the only one Who has it, but then you wouldn't know just how brilliant it is.

my word I would fight people with this guitar and it would still play like new. I've had mine for just over a year now and apart from the service I had done to check her out after a good years playing, it's never let me down. I don't even think about the strap locks coming loose because they have a death grip on the body. I once thought I had killed the circuits in it but it just my sillyness of not replacing the 9v battery for the active pickups. Apart from the worry of scratching the beautiful finish I could easily (and I have) gigged without a backup.

Since it was an ex-display model a few scratches were on the body but I didn't care for the price I paid. The paint does scratch easily and after a gig the sweat was hard to get out of it but aside from that it holds up beautifully no matter what you throw at her. It's a very light guitar so it won't weigh you down at a gig and nothing is in the way of you playing, such as strap lock and knobs and that. I've had mine setup to play with super low action with 10/48 strings, and with a slight amount of buzz (which you can't hear when the amps plugged in) only if you seriously hammer those strings. The reason I bought this guitar and not an quality RG Ibanez was that everytime I played this guitar, no matter which shop it was in, it always played far better than the prestige series ESP, Ibanez, Jackson or Gibson.

This guitar came out in 2005 as the 30th anneverisary edition of the 05' F-series LTD. The only differences from the F-400 (the '04 model) are that it has a black satin finish, grover tuners and has a special '30' inlay on the 12th fret, which I think is badass. It's a single piece wood with 24 frets, has a volume and tone control, with the 81/85 EMG pickup combo (81 bridge, 85 neck). The style of the guitar is based after the popular ESP bass guitar style, so they crossed that over to the guitar. I wish it had a Floyd Rose tho.