LTD F-250 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-250

Purchased from: Fret Music

I mostly play Metallica styles music and this guitar sounds great for it but this guitar can pull of any sound you want. It has a really fat sound and real high output but no noise or feedback at all so it is brilliant. I use a Marshall 100HDFX and it sounds great and when I ran it though my mates Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier it sounded even better!

It looks heavy sounds exellent and above all it a and all round wicked guitar! I recommend it to anybody who likes good sounding and good looking guitars.

It is perfect but the finish is really easy to scratch thats the only problem other wise it's more durable than stone.

When I unpacked the guitar it was set up tuned and ready to play and thats what I did.

This is a newer version of the F-200 it was new for 2004 and being an ESP it was made in America. It features 24 frets, rosewood fingerboard, EMG HZ H4 passive pickups, floyd rose locking tremelo and non-locking grover tuning heads with a mahogany body so it is beatiful. Controls are 3-way toggle Switch and 1 volume and 1 tone.

disturbedmfan
    yo, is the body and is the hardware way better than the F-100. Cause my friends F-100 SUCKKKKKS. The freakin knobs are ****in stripped, it scratches so easy, and it sounds sooooo freakin bad. I would like to know how the F-250 is cause i like the body style, but idk if it is worth buying it. If i do buy it I dont want to be dissapointed and never buy another guitar from the company again.
    HC-Deathroll
    Uhhhm.. i dont know where you guys get your information, but you can look on the back of the headstock to find out where this guitar was made. it says Indonesia. This is LTD not ESP. you can only get this guitar on special order if you want it done by esp and made in the u.s. No matter where this was made, it's an absolutely unbelieveable guitar. i've had it for over a year and i haven't looked back...unfortunately i've misplaced the floyd locking kit....
    Mayu!~
    I'm really thinking about getting either the f-100fm or the f-250. So can anyone give me some advice on which one to get? They are pretty much the same price right? please just hit me up with some advice.
    krisis99
    I have the F-250 LTD. Mine has a fixed bridge though. In my opinion, I don't mind it not having a F.R., although it would be nice, would probably choose another guitar for using that option. I've had it for almost a year now and I think it has a really nice sound. Playing it in a dropped tuning or D/Db standard is how I usually have it. The neck feels great in my hands. For a cheaper guitar, this one is quite reliable and durable.
    gmunnywhiskers
    what do EMGs do? like compared to the normal pickups?
    They don;t do anything insane lol its prefernce. I prefer EMG pick ups, always have. Some like seymour duncans and thas fine too, and theres a ton more. for metal thats all i'd consider anyways but in the end its all about the tone you prefer.do research to find the right ones for you.
    zerowing
    Metallica_uke wrote: [b]zerowing[/b ehh one last thing. I don't know where people get the idea that you cant "drop-d" a floyd without unlocking the nut, but if you adjust the fine tuners a bit "higher" than usual, you should have enough fine-tuning range to get it to drop d and maybe even c# do u mean you cant tune this guitar to drop c?? im confused
    i meant drop tuning it while the nuts are still locked you can still tune it to drop c but you needa go adjust the springs and all that jazz to get the floyd flush
    zerowing
    k.i.k.e. wrote: does this guitar has active or passive pickups? at esp guitars site, i saw that this guitar has ESP LH-301 pickups, and at this review it says that it has EMG pickups. i'm confused, what pickups does it really has and are they active or passive?
    stock pickups are passive
    k.i.k.e.
    wangchowder86
    I bought my f-250 at sam ash I believe back in early 2005 at Sam Ash. They were the only store I could find in this area at least that sold ESP's. I like the way it sounds and it does play very well with metal. A friend of mine had one and I liked his so much I decided I needed one myself. It was a hard decision between this and the Viper baritone, but in the end it got me. I really like this guitar but when I put 11 gauge earnie ball strings on it I realized I can't play any notes between the 13nth, and 17nth frets on the low E string. I'm not sure if it's just a problem with my guitar since it was stolen for over a year, and it had been left off the stand the whole time. I figure it could be due to warping of the neck slightly. Luckily there isn't much reason to play so high on the low string anyways. It's pretty damn durable. A former guitarist in my band happened to drop it on a driveway and the only chip was about half an inch long at the contact point, and a tuning knob broke off, but It came with replacements so it's all good. I did notice when i finally got it back from being stolen that it has scratches and dents all up and down the back so I don't know what they did to it, and it received two more chips when the guy who helped transport it back dropped it in the middle of the street. It still plays great though, and i guess the marks give it a little character and remind me of the time it's spent with me. I'd give it a 9 rating. It gets the job done.
    Kane Pharr
    ESP is a great brand...That perfect blend of Schecter sound and B.C. Rich Style...
    HC-Deathroll wrote: Uhhhm....This is LTD not ESP. you can only get this guitar on special order if you want it done by esp and made in the u.s....
    /\/\/\/\ How can you even make it to this psge without knowing that???? Its got ESP-LTD all over the Brand page....
    friz
    I ordered one of these yesterday ... payed it today ... it was 507 euro's (around 800 dollars I guess) ... hope it'll be here soon, can't wait to play it
    xdaynex
    hey i have a question-should i get this guitar or an ibanez rg370dx?
    spencer1570
    get the f-250 as long as its the one with the emg-hz pickups. im getting ready to buy a 2006 ltd h-400 in cherry sunburst with duncans. its ****in sweet.
    all_the_rage
    i want to buy one of these, but im torn between the f 250 and the viper 400, can someone help me out??
    Bplay915
    ronan-the-great wrote: are the emg-esp LH-300 pickups better than the hz pickups because shops i looked at have the hz ones. also been looking at jackson rr3 which one is better it costs 55 euro more is it worth it.
    actually the h4s are waaaay better than the lh-300s since 2006 models the some of the ltds that have the lh-300s suck because their made by esp not emg and the tone is crappy and is too muffeled its like playing on only the neck pickup. so I would recommend the h4s if you like emg passives because you can do really high gain heavy palm muting stuff and pinch harmonics are easily acheived same this as your active emg 81s but just don't require batteries.
    Pingis_Or_Death
    ronan-the-great : are the emg-esp LH-300 pickups better than the hz pickups because shops i looked at have the hz ones. also been looking at jackson rr3 which one is better it costs 55 euro more is it worth it.
    You can't go wrong with the rr3, imo.
    ronan-the-great
    fastmguy
    No i think your friend may just be too rough on guitars. and whats your idea of good tone?
    Metallica_Ðuke
    IVE HAD MY F-250 ON ORDER FOR 2 FUCKING MONTHS!!!!! WTF, I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GUITAR GOD DAMNIT!!!!!
    Metallica_Ðuke
    do u mean you cant tune this guitar to drop c?? im confused
    f.sardis
    i dunno why you said they pickups are active but they are not. The F series has active pickups starting from the F-400FM model. Mitasu: the active pickups use a preamp to boost the signal. this means you can plug many effect medals in series without the signal fading or alternatively you can use the extra gain for some further overdrive of the amp.
    zerowing
    I've had this guitar for about a week now and it's worth every penny...and probably more. though you SHOULD purchase it with a hardshell case...thats a given for any 300+guitar theres a form-fitting case from ESP for about 100$ to HC-Deathroll, yes it is ESP-LTD one more thing....I think you can get allen wrenches at a harware store..floyds use 3mm ones ehh one last thing. I don't know where people get the idea that you cant "drop-d" a floyd without unlocking the nut, but if you adjust the fine tuners a bit "higher" than usual, you should have enough fine-tuning range to get it to drop d and maybe even c#