LTD F-250 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-250

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I play (hard) rock, metal, and some blues. This guitar is perfect for those genres. Some people say that it's clean sound isnt that good, but that seemed unfounded. It's not narly as perfect as a LP, but it does a pretty good job. I mainly use my Roland Microcube as a bedroom amp, and a larger Marshall amp. No noise at all. If you want feedback, you'd have to max out your gain. No complaints about that. This guitar has huge sustain, becuase of its neck-thru construction. The sound is rich and bright. With the tone all the way down, it doesnt seem muddy at all. This guitar was made for Hard Rock and Metal, though if you know how to tweak your amp/pedal/etc, you'd be able to pull off more sounds.

I play (hard) rock, metal, and blues. This guitar is perfect for all three. I've been playing for about 8 years, and my other guitars were a cheap Strat knockoff and a Epiphone Les Paul Standard. This guitar blows them away (though that's what you'd expect from a higher-priced guitar) If it was lost or stolen, I'd probably get a mid-pro guitar, though this will be my main guitar for years to come. The only thing I wish it had was the two-tone, two-volume configurations of Les Pauls. All in all, this guitar is for those on a tight budget, though it's well worth its price and more.

I took this guitar on a few small gigs, and it held out nicely; no complications. this guitar will last forever. The hardware is all tightened and in perfect condition, no corrosion. I replaced the strap buttons with Dunlop strap locks, so no comment on those. This is a dependable guitar if you take care of it at home, though even if you didnt it'd still last you many years. I would never gig without a backup, and since it has a floyd, you'd want to have precut strings. The finish will last.

The guitar was set up nicely. I just had to tune it and I was ready to play. The pickups are in the right position, and so is the bridge. The floyd rose is the low profile version, so it isnt obtrusive whne playing. The action is perfect; very fast. The finish is perfect, no flaws.