LTD F-250 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-250

Purchased from: Second Hand

The dude Who sold me the thing said he wanted to buy a Fender Strat because he couldn't get enough tones with the F-250. But he insists that it is perfect for metal, and I agree. The agathis body doesn't seem to affect the sound very much. I didn't get a good amplifier yet, but I played it through some Randall amps, and I can tell you that it was made for metal.

This guitar is pretty Methul. This is my first guitar and that's why I couldn't explain much about it, sorry. If somebody stole it, I'd definetely buy another one, or something similar. Maybe M-200FM. By the way, it is comfortable. I've played it in a lot of positions, and haven't been jabbed in any part of my body. I love it. I can't explain why but I love it.

As always with cool shaped guitars, the pointy parts get dents no matter how careful you are. There are some little dents on the top, and there is a big dent on the very bottom, but it was painted with black nail polish. It looks a bit funny. And some parts of the FR is a bit worn out, but just a little bit. Nothing serious. Other than that, it seems pretty solid, I would play Live with it. But I would definetely keep a backup, because it's got a Floyd Rose! Hardware seems good to me. But about the strap buttons. The dude Who sold it to me gave a Planet Waves Locking Strap with it. It's very hard to put it on the bottom strap button, because of the 'radical' shape of the guitar. You might want to get a straplok.

Action is pretty awesome, and there is almost no buzzing, which is only audible when playing without an amp. Sweeping doesn't seem to be a problem, but I think my fat fingers are a bit too sloppy for the last 7 frets or so. No problems with the pickup selector, but some of the neck pickup's screws seem to be rusting just a little bit. The dude Who sold it to me says he didn't play it while wearing anything with a zipper or metal buttons, and it's scratchless. It's almost perfect.

All the peoples up there got the most of the features, I'm not going to write down all those again. It says it was made in Indonesia, probably a year ago (the dude had it for a year). I'm truly confused about the color, because it's not white, but it's not black either. It's something like sparkly beige, with a hint of gray. A chick in my school insists its 'diarrhea'. It doesn't have a coil tap, and it has EMG LH-300 pickups. That's about it. It's a pretty cool guitar.