LTD F-250 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-250

Purchased from: Steve's Music Store

I am using a Crate GTX65 solid-state amplifier. With this guitar, it sounds really great. I mostly play heavy, thrash, progressive and power metal, but I also play hard rock and some blues. The sound of this guitar suits all of these styles. Obviously, it is noisy when it's set in single coil mode with a lot of gain and distortion. The pickups are passives and sound very good.

This guitar is a very good match for any kind of metal music, plus, it sounds great for hard rock and blues, it is versatile. This is my second guitar, I have been playing for 2 years and a half, and I have this guitar since december 2007, my other guitar is a Ibanez GAX70. If it was stolen, lost, or break, I would probably get another one, or the F-400 since it has flamed-top, active EMGs. The thing that I love the most about this guitar is it's incredibly thin neck, the easy high fret access and, most of it, it's neck thru construction. The only thing I wished it had, is active EMGs.

The quality of this guitar is amazing, everything seems that it's gonna last for long. The strap buttons are solid and not too small so you don't need strap locks. I would definately depend on it for gigs, but since changing of tuning with a Floyd Rose takes more time (because of locking nuts), I would probably bring another guitar to play songs that requires alternate tunings, except that, I would be able to use it without any other backup guitar.

When I took it out of the box, everything was well adjusted, and the guitar itself was in tune. I installed the whammy bar and made some dive bombs with it, but one of the locking nuts was not completly inserted so the guitar went out of tune, so I tuned it and everything went well. The guitar stays pretty well in tune, it doesn't really have any flaws, except that with the Floyd Rose, it's a pain to tune and for string change. But you get used to it, so it doesn't matter after a certain time of use.

Bought in december 2007, this guitar is made in Indonesia. It has 24 extra jumbo frets, neck-thru construction (the access to the 24th fret is incredibly good). It has an Agathis body, maple neck and a rosewood fretboard, black finish (well mine does), and a ESP F body shape. There's also a Licensed Floyd Rose double locking tremolo. The pickups are EMG-ESP, the equivalent of EMG Hz passive pickups. The controls are volume, tone, coil tap (on the tone knob) and a 3-way pickup Switch.